Mar

RAB Bracket Busters

Just a heads up, I’ve started a Tourney Pick ‘Em group over at Yahoo! that everyone is free to join. Just go here and join Group ID #169695 with the password “riveraveblues.” There are no prizes (though you can win up to a million bucks through Yahoo), just bragging rights over your fellow RABers. I’ve got UConn over BYU with Notre Dame and UNC also in the Final Four. Don’t as me why, my college basketball knowledge is seriously lacking this spring.

Update: You have until 12:15pm ET today (Thursday) to sign up and submit your brackets, so get on it if you haven’t already.

1. Tom Zig says:

I know nothing about college basketball. I just select random teams.

2. Tom Zig says:

Flaccid Brett Favre is going all the way baby!

3. ND Mike says:

I’m in.

4. Brian in NH says:

I’m with you on this one mike. My college basketball knowledge is way off this year. Outside of Uconn i don’t even pay much attention anymore. too busy following the Yanks and College Hockey mostly.

5. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

I will crush you all!!! Fear the Sunny Daytonans!

6. Pat D says:

Kyle Singler is a pussy.

I just want to make sure everyone knows that.

• Tim says:

Nothing could be further from the truth. Looks like Pat D either knows nothing about college basketball, or just likes to hate for no good reason.

• Pat D says:

No, he’s a pussy.

Yes, I hate Duke. I’m a UNC fan.

But I never see Singler try to get tough points in the paint. He just wants to step back and shoot jump shots and 3′s. Oh, so he takes charges? So does every guy who ever played for Duke. Duke gets those calls constantly. Doesn’t mean Singler is tough.

Singler is just another guy in the long line of white players from Duke who are afraid to get touched but get every call go their way. See: Hurley, Bobby; Laettner, Christian; Parks, Cherokee; Dunleavy, Mike; Paulus, Greg, etc., etc.