Mar

The RAB Radio Show: March 16, 2011

Cliff Lee already ticked off Yanks fans by snubbing them in favor of the Phillies. That’s fine. It’s part of the game. But insulting the Yankees using criteria that is actually more critical of the Phillies? This, sir, means war.

And we couldn’t get through the radio show without mentioning Manny Banuelos. I’m clearly baiting Mike here.

Also, new theme music!

Podcast run time 29:09

Here’s how you can listen to podcast:

• Download the RAB Radio Show by right clicking on that link and choosing Save As.
  • Listen in your browser by left clicking the above link or using the embedded player below.
  • Subscribe in iTunes. If you want to rate us that would be great. If you leave a nice review I’ll buy you a beer at a meet-up.

Intro music: “Die Hard” courtesy of reader Alex Kresovich.

Categories : Podcast

1. JobaWockeeZ says:

I hope Cliff Lee never wins a World Series. Please.

2. mike_h says:

guys i’m not digging the new theme music. The problem is the old theme music was used since the winter meetings and I’m kinda used to it.

3. the Other Steve S. says:

So, is it Ban-way-los or Ban-u-ay-los?

I am a midwesterner so I read a lot more than I hear.

4. mbonzo says:

Did Joe get a new mic?

5. mike_h says:

Good show today, my comments:

1. I hope Cliff Lee never wins a World Series, he clearly liked the Phillies more than Texas and even more than having to play in NY
    2. Keep Manny in AA this year then in 2012 AAA so we can have him start in 2013
    3. Colon is really good, I’d pencil him in as the #5 starter and Nova in AAA or as the long man depending on Mitre or Joba’s status

6. Pacer says:

I like dthe old intro music better

7. Tom Zig says:

Guthrie has 39 HBPs in his career, 32 of which came from 2008-2010

10 are vs the Yankees (3 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 2 in 2010)

8. J_Yankees says:

“but i felt some of the Yankees guys are getting older”

Maybe it’s the bit of Cliff Lee apologist coming out in me, but i don’t look at this quote as something to get really angry about.

He didn’t say “Hot Damn the Yankees are so f’ing old that’s why i didn’t go there. Look at their decrepit asses.” or “Oh man look at the youth we have on this Phillies team unlike the Yankees.”

Too much being made of it, IMO.

9. JoeyH says:

The line of the podcast “It’s not my money, I couldn’t give a shit!”- Mike. Gotta love RAB.

10. bakekrukow412 says:

You should have used the beginning of “Runnin’ With the Devil” by Van Halen for your intro music.

11. Juke Early says:

In Cliff “Hillbill”Lee’s defense, his wife probably told him what to say…