Jun

Tonight’s game has been rained out

Tonight’s Yankees-Reds game has been rained out. The two clubs will play a double header tomorrow, the first game at 12:35pm ET and the second at 7:10pm ET. Brian Gordon and Freddy Garcia will start the games, we’re just not sure what order. Joe Girardi also confirmed that both Russell Martin and Alex Rodriguez will only start one game each. Well, this bites.

Update: Garcia gets the day game, Gordon the night cap.

Categories : Asides

1. pat says:

Would have sucked more to have to play both the Reds and the Sox at the same time. Lulz.

2. bexarama says:

Tonight’s Yankees-Red Sox game has been rained out.

And they’re making the Yankees play the Red Sox too?!!??!?!!!

(Sorry, sorry. I normally am not obnoxious about these things, but I could not resist)

3. Brazilian Fan says:

I think you gotta find something to do Mike!!!

4. Mike Myers says:

Did this site get hacked like the playstation network? Damn teenaged english!

5. Mike Axisa says:

Oh shut up all of you.

• Mike Myers says:

funny job you have. If I screwed up at work and immediately 10,000 people knew about it and would bust my chops….I think I might go postal. haha.

6. Greg says:

Technically he’s right. The Reds were the Red Stockings.

7. Greg says:

Well most likey we will split the double header going 4-2 in the NL parks so far before the Mets.

• nsalem says:

actually it’s more likely we we will either sweep or be swept than split.

/mathlove

• Slugger27 says:

If games are assumed 50/50, how did u reach this conclusion

• nsalem says:

without factoring in a favorite it’s 50/50 at best for a split. I’m wrong.

• nsalem says:

If tonight’s betting line holds true for tomorrow and the second game is around the same
          7/8 yankees favored. chances for a yankee sweep would be approximately about 36% Reds sweep 16%
          and a split 48%.

8. The good news is, this rainout gives us more time to work on this trade for Matt Garza.

9. James G. says:

Well, that sucks…

…In related news, anyone check out the awesome Brett Gardner article on Fangraphs?

• Pat D says:

I was trying to figure out how we can make sure both Teix and Gardner make the All-Star team as reserves.

I think Teix has a better chance. The problem is going to come from filling the team requirements, specifically from Baltimore, Chicago, Minnesota and Kansas City. At least with Tampa Bay, Seattle, Oakland and Los Angeles we can be sure they’ll go with pitchers.

• bexarama says:

I don’t think too many Yankees will make it as reserves, because so many will start and it’s not like Girardi’s picking them. Gardner isn’t the type of OF that appeals to managers at first glance, especially considering I can see Ellsbury going.

Tex is awesome, but I can live with him not going – you have to figure AGon’ll win the voting, Cabrera is going, and Konerko might be the White Sox representative and all of those guys are deserving too.

• FIPster Doofus says:

‘Tis a great read. It’s nice to see Brett get his due.

10. A-ROD fan says:

Noooooooooooooooooo

11. bexarama says:

I’m excited to watch A-Rod and Martin in only one game each but watch pitchers bat in both games!!

12. Xstar7 says:

“Tonight’s Yankees-Reds game has been rained out.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

13. Rey22 says:

Ughhh, I’m so bored, I was looking forward to the game.

14. BGrider85 says:

IMO…Joey Votto is gonna hit Sweaty Freddy HARD tomorrow.

• CP says:

Luckily, the games are played on spreadsheets and not the field, so we should be able to predict exactly what will happen.

• CS Yankee says:

I wonder how long he’ll be suspended after he hits Freddy hard…5-10 games?

• first time lawng time says:

You know, there’s not enough fighting. The Yankees havent had a legit brawl since that incident in ’09 vs Tor.

15. first time lawng time says:

Nooooooo. I was so looking forward to watching the Yankees play seeing the umpires call strikes and balls!

16. first time lawng time says:

Sooo with the rainout, I guess I have no excuse to not do my summer work.

Ugh. They should just play in the rain. Suck it up and be men.

17. Bob Q. says:

Another reason why interleague play sucks. Or bites.

18. sangreal says: