May

Memorial Day Open Thread

Three-way bro hug. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)

The Yankees open their three-game series with the Angels in a few hours (at 9pm ET to be precise), so here’s your open thread for the meantime. There will be some NBA playoff stuff going on a little later and although there’s no baseball on the national networks, there’s a few games going on if you have MLB.tv or Extra Innings or something. Talk about whatever you like here, go nuts.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Pat D says:

Ugh. Is it June 23 yet?

• jjyank says:

What’s June 23?

• Pat D says:

My first day of unemployment.

But at this point I’m calling it my first day of freedom.

• Knoxvillain says:

Why are you looking forward to unemployment?

• Havok9120 says:

Heh. That’s something of a tale.

• Pat D says:

Because I’m pretty much sick of my job after 6 1/2 years, I’m going to get a decent severance package, and I’ll be able to collect unemployment.

My job has just worn me down, especially the last 2 years. I was about to start looking around when they gave us our notice.

At this point I’m looking to just unwind over the summer while I figure out what to do from here.

• AndrewYF says:

Good for you. One of the best decisions of my life was quitting my going-nowhere job, and though you don’t get the pleasure of quitting, it works pretty much the same. Onwards and upwards!

• RBC says:

Congrats. I know the feeling, just without the luxury of a severage package :-)

• AndrewYF says:

Probably because the alternative is worse, and won’t help.

• jjyank says:

Gotcha. It all happens for a reason man, things will work out.

2. Josh says:

For father’s day this year (which I normally take my dad to a Yankee game) I got us Old Timer’s day seats. This will be our first time ever attending the event. Any good stories from anyone who has been before?

• Steve D says:

no stories…………..but thats awesome for you and your dad!

• Josh says:

Thanks, this has been a tradition of ours going on 4 or so years. I grew up in upstate NY, but now live in southern Maryland. Usually we go to some giveaway weekend, and Cooperstown, but decided to switch it up a bit this year.

3. DERP says:

The Orioles are terrible.

4. Paul VuvuZuvella says:

Rain delay in Asheville, bottom 3rd, Tarp on but its starting to let up. Rainbow overhead.

5. Ari Gold says:

It’s very annoying when you argue with someone who is suppose to be the fan of a team but doesn’t even know enough to realize who their best pitcher is.

Fighting with an Angels fan.

Haren v Weaver.