Aug

Saturday Night Open Thread

(REUTERS/Ray Stubblebine)

It’s far too nice out to be stuck inside tonight, at least if you’re in New York. However, if you’re stuck at work or have time to kill or live in another time zone, use this as your open thread for the night. The Mets are playing the Nationals (Niese vs. Jackson), plus MLB Network will air a game as well. Who you see depends on where you live. The Giants and Jets are also playing a preseason game, which you can watch on CBS. You folks know what to do by now, so have at it.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Edmond says:

Someone get a message to girardi. He is in love with a lineup that isn’t hitting in clutch and is not getting any runners home
    He better change that lineup, seek of seeing Martin at 7. He needs to hit 9

2. Steve nj says:

Hey mike question for ya, do u know of any website to watch football games I’m a bucs fan and can never find a good site to watch them play on.

3. Robinson Tilapia says:

Sucks to see a solid outing by Phelps go to waste, but there’s a difference between a bad pitcher and a good pitcher having a bad season. Jon Lester is still a very good pitcher and, even when he’s looked bad for a large chunk of the season, he’ll remind you who he is sometimes. You haven’t seen the last of him by a longshot.

That being said, I like our chances tomorrow.

I am also thinking rather not-nice thoughts about Pedro Ciriaco right now.

• RetroRob says:

So the question is, does Phelps get another start on Friday, with CC going on Saturday? They can reinsert CC at any point after he comes off the DL, but he doesn’t have to pitch Friday. Perhaps one more look at Phelps, and Nova continues his recent suckitude, maybe Phelps stays. He’s pitched against the Rangers and the Red Sox his last two starts and certainly held up well. I’d like to see more.

• Need Pitching & Hitting says:

Might not be a bad idea, that way all of the starters can get a bit of extra rest. The drawback would be that they would be a bit short in the bullpen for a couple of days, but they should be able to survive that.
        I’m wondering who the demotion is going to be when CC is activated. Seems like Joba would be the most logical choice.

4. Steve nj says:

Hey mike question for your, I’ve been looking for a good site to watch my Tampa bay bucs play can never find a good one, any ideas??

5. The Real Greg says:

I hope the moods is better on here than on the Jets forum. “We suck! We suck!” “Everybody is awful”

My god, it makes me want to kill myself. That’s why I look for positivity here.

6. Kramerica Industries says:

Didn’t get too much of a chance to watch today, but a home loss to the Red Sox?

Color me shocked.

7. Dino Velvet says:

Mike,

when was that fly over (in the above photo)?

I’ve seen flyovers during the playoffs, but never 7 jets — it’s usually just 2.

8. DERP says:

Delmon Young should kill himself.

9. DERP says:

Fuck Rick Porcello hard

10. rogue says:

The way it used to be…

Yankees fan = Giants Fan
    Mets fan = Jets Fan

Go Giants!!!

11. DERP says:

Johnny Peralta doing some great work

12. Mick taylor says:

How come andruw jones is still onthis team when he isalmost down to 199?

13. Pasta Stumbling Sojo says:

Wow, CJ Wilson just turned an 8-0 lead into an 8-7 lead. Like last night, it would be nice if the Rays would lose, but if they’re going to win, at least they’re beating up the Angels and their vaunted pitching.