Nov

Thanksgiving Day Open Thread

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you’re having a great day and a great meal with family and friends. This is easily my favorite holiday of the year. In between bites of turkey, use this as your open thread. You’ve got three footballs games (didn’t it used to be two on Thanksgiving?) today: Texans-Lions (12:30pm ET on CBS), Redskins-Cowboys (4:25pm ET on FOX), and Patriots-Jets (8:20pm ET on NBC). Talk about those games or anything else you like here. Happy Thanksgiving.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Joe F says:

Happy Thanksgiving RAB! Go Cowboys!

2. Matt says:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Keep up the good work RAB.

3. MP says:

Thank you, RAB, for all the wonderful free content you bring us every day! Happy Thanksgiving!

4. G says:

After a slightly hellish night of a travel, I’m home, and my body is ready for Thanksgiving. Have a good one everyone

5. Hubward says:

Happy Thamksgiving RAB & everyone. No Thanksgiving over here in Ireland (Paddy’s Day is a good substitute though). Always thankful for the fun and insight on the site. Enjoy the turkey.

6. Ethan says:

Give this a watch guys. Seriously awesome video!

7. Rey22 says:

Really? I find Thanksgiving to be such a dull holiday. Pales in comparison to Christmas and New Years.

8. Raul Ibanez AKA Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA True Yankee(TM) says:

Family just left and I am pretty blitzed. First holiday in I don’t know how long that I wasn’t working/too tired to even drink, Plus my mom hosted and since I’m currently living at home(usually to my regret/distaste/not-wanting to) I have to consider this a net positive. Happy thanksgiving RAB!!

9. Electric nunez says:

That sanchez fumble made me laugh so hard I ripped my underwear.
    Funniest play in football history.

10. Pat D says:

So what’s the best way to tell your younger sister and your brother-in-law that you didn’t completely care for the way they did Thanksgiving dinner?

• RetroRob says:

You don’t.

• Pat D says:

Dammit. I figured that was the answer.

• Raul Ibanez AKA Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA True Yankee(TM) says:

You just quietly get drunk and tell them they’re doing a ‘great job.’ That’s what I did all day.

• RetroRob says:

I think we tried suggesting alcohol a couple nights back, but Pat would have none of it. Or maybe it was just wine?

• Pat D says:

They did a good job. They just forgot a couple of things that for some reason none of us noticed until everyone was done eating. Like the rolls/bread and regular jellied cranberry sauce. Everyone just forgot that they weren’t on the table.

The other issue is that my brother-in-law has a wheat allergy and so needs gluten-free everything. So my mother helped out by cooking the stuffing separately since if it went in the turkey, my brother-in-law wouldn’t be able to eat the turkey. I’ve had the stuffing that way and it just doesn’t taste the same for whatever reason.

As for the alcohol, there was plenty of all kinds to go around. But I’m not one for wine or mixed drinks and the only beer they had was Bud Light Lime. Any beer with the word “Bud” in it is a no go for me. I had a bad headache most of the day, too, so drinking probably wasn’t going to be a good idea.

• Rooting for U.S. Steel says:

For what it’s worth, there’s a school of thought that says stuffing should always be cooked outside the turkey for sanitary reasons. So maybe your brother-in-law was looking out for your best interests?

Me, when I cook a turkey I stuff the cavity with a few quartered onions. It keeps the bird moist and gives flavor to the basting liquid.

But then, I like my stuffing crunchy.

• Austin Aunelowitzky says:

I’ll bet they left the Cranberry sauce in the refrigerator, and just forgot to put it on the table. That happened once when I was a kid and my mom had to deal with cranberry sauce in the refrigerator jokes for the rest of her life.

• ABC says:

Man you even bitch about a Thanksgiving meal that was made for you. That seals it, you’re definitely a pain in the ass! Go to McDonalds and get a Big Mac and STFU!

• Pat D says:

Well I’m not going to deny that I’m a pain in the ass. And I certainly appreciate the time and effort they put into it. I just felt that they tried to be a little too…untraditional, I guess.

• Herby says:

You show them how it’s done next year…

11. Frank Castle says:

The NFL is a joke.

12. Frank Castle says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love football very much. But when you dance/ celebrate after every play, it’s a joke.

• Herby says:

The definition of appetite suppresent…the image of Prince Fielder doing an End Zone style dance at Home Plate after hitting a home run.

13. MB923 says:

MLB Memes
    Almost Black Friday! I heard numerous MLB GMs were lining up outside Marlins Park for some good deals.

14. Drew says:

I can’t stop watching the GIF of Sanchez running into his own linemans ass and then fumbling the ball. Just awesome.

What am I thankful this year? Not being a Jets fan!

#imadeafunny

15. Rocky Road Redemption says:

Bettman: Worst commissioner in professional sports alive today or worst commissioner in any competition ever in the history of the human race? Discuss.

16. Raul Ibanez AKA Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA True Yankee(TM) says:

ugh…felt like I was borderline passing out before feeling awesome. Now, I’m semi-awake and feel hungover even though I got like an hour of a semi nap before feeling like shit. Last time I spend the entire day drinking, from getting out of bed till getting back in it, for at least a month, that’s for sure. (Hooray X-Mas being right around the corner)

17. pounder says:

Kinda tacky and insensitive for the Cowboys to play in Dallas on Nov.22.But thats the cowboys.