May

Tuesday Night Open Thread

The Yankees are in Colorado to play the Rockies, which means they’re in the Mountain Time Zone. That means we have to wait longer than usual for baseball. The game doesn’t start until 8:40pm ET, so here’s an open thread to tide you over until the regular game thread goes up. The Mets (and Matt Harvey!) are playing the White Sox, MLB Network is airing a game (teams depend on where you live), plus there’s NBA (Knicks!) and NHL (Isles!) playoff action going on. Plenty of ways to kill the time.

Categories : Asides, Open Thread

1. Havok9120 says:

Grumble grumble

I WANT BASEBALL.

Baseball for Prussia. :(

• jjyank says:

I tuned in to MLB.TV about 10 minutes ago, ready to roll. Totally forgot about the time difference. I have to be at work early tomorrow, so the late start kinda sucks.

2. MannyGeee is bored says:

Fuck this 8:40 start. This bums me out.

3. MannyGeee says:

So what DAFAQ is up with BJ Upton right now? Dude cannot hit to save his life right now.

4. trr says:

Gonna be a tough road trip; let’s start it right!

5. Bo Knows says:

Apparently the SP going against the Scranton RR’s name is Cumpster….I hope he gets promoted

the dirty name SP rotation is complete

Furbush
    Dickey
    Fister
    Wang
    and to finish off….

Cumpster

6. mustang says:

Montero not in the starting line-up again ??!!!

Can someone tell me what Seattle is doing because I have no idea.

• vicki says:

waiting for zunino, that’s what.

you don’t really want them to start 59wRC+ over shoppach after an off day, do you?

• mustang says:

I guess not. The whole thing is puzzling I guess they are playing the same game the Yankees played with the “He is a starting catcher” thing.

I was thinking with them moving in the fence at Safeco, having Shoppach as the only other option and loading up with a bunch of 1st/DH types that they really were going to give him a chance but then again that’s why its Seattle.

• forensic says:

Well, they’re not going anywhere. There is something to playing Montero consistently to try to develop him vs. letting him sit on the bench all the time and playing Shoppach who is not really a big future piece for them.

7. Dalek Jeter says:

Ugh…the only night this later start is going to benefit me is Thursday, when I get out of work at 9.

8. Dalek Jeter says:

Anybody watching the Tampa/Toronto game? Terrible call, and terrible directing. It took far too long for them to get a replay up of that. Also, instant replay. It would’ve taken ten minutes. Maddon comes out and says “I want you to take a look at it.” They review it, one replay shows he got the hand in.

9. Dalek Jeter says:

JA Happ just took a line drive off what look like the side of his head, near his temple. Hard. The ball hit so hard it ricocheted down the right field line all the way to the bullpen in Tampa.

10. TrashCanTim says:

Brett Gardner’s now been benched twice in the last five games to get Francisco in there. I can’t wait to see how much more Girardi botches the allocation of Gardner/Hafner’s playing time once Granderson returns and pushes Boesch off the team. Francisco, Ichiro, and Wells will surely keep getting their names penciled in to the lineup over Hafner and Gardner way too often while Wells, Ichiro, and Wells are busy making tons of outs. and/or not being nearly as defensively valuable as Gardner.

Gardner is the 2nd best position player on the team, no? Can someone please inform Girardi of this.