May

Wednesday Night Open Thread

Another game against the Rockies means another 8:40pm ET start, so here’s an open thread to hold you over until the regular game thread. The Mets are playing and ESPN is showing Red Sox-Twins, plus you’ve got NHL (Rangers!) and NBA playoff action. Talk about any and all. Enjoy.

Categories : Asides, Other Teams

1. Dalek Jeter says:

*shakes head* Joe Girardi loves the strategery of the NL. Check out the lineup, Phelps hitting 8th, that’s what he thinks of Romine.

• Havok9120 says:

You do remember that Gardner mostly batted 9th for, what, two years? For the sole purpose of lengthening the top of the lineup.

• vicki says:

yeah, this. i think he’s actually giving romine a bit of credit, grouping him with the guys who can hit. plus the righthanded bat in front of ggbg, instead of hafner’s lefty.

• Dalek Jeter says:

I never remember him hitting 9th behind the pitcher…but I’ve been saying that Gardner should be leading off for years honestly.

2. vicki says:

ricky romero: not good.

3. Kramerica Industries says:

Giving back a 4-0 lead in the 1st inning? Are you fucking kidding me?

4. hello there says:

Who is this dude Refsnyder? Dude is hitting 405. Perhaps a prospect profile from the powers that be?

5. SDB says:

So I’m in need of a little fantasy baseball advice – Jimmy Rollins (my current SS) has been killing me in all offensive and fielding % metrics, and I need to make a change.

Other available SS options I’m debating over are Martin Prado, Stephen Drew, Asdrubal Cabrera, Danny Espinosa and JJ Hardy. Suggestions?

• Dalek Jeter says:

I’d go w/ Cabrera, he’s got the highest upside of the group…

• Manny's BanWagon says:

Are you sure Prado qualifies for SS? I thought he did for 3rd, 2nd and OF.

Also how the heck are Prado and Asdrubal available??

• MannyGeee says:

I would go Cabrera as well or Prado. That said, Stephen Drew will at some point start hitting, and he’ll be nice to have when that happens.

6. Get Phelps Up says:

Wow that Red Sox/Twins game is nuts.

7. mustang says:

Good day for Montero 1 for 4 HR, caught someone stealing and a pick off at 1st.

8. Mads says:

Why is Phelps batting 8th and Romine 9th?