Jul

A-Rod picks up two hits in latest minor league rehab game

In his latest minor league rehab game with Triple-A Scranton, Alex Rodriguez went 2-for-4 with a ground out to short and a strikeout. One of the singles was off the left field wall and Alex was thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. A-Rod has gone 6-for-18 (.333) in his last five rehab games and is due to be activated on Monday as long as he makes it through the weekend in one piece.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. fabricio says:

this team needs him i wanna see vernon wells benched for a while he sucks soo much

• matt montero says:

Good luck with that, especially if Zoilo on the DL. They’ll have Gardner, Ichiro, and who? Musty? Melky Mesa?

2. Alex needs to come up NOW. As in yesterday.

3. Eddard says:

They rushed Jeter, might as well rush Alex as well. Put him in tomorrow and see a vast improvement. They couldn’t do any worse. As soon as Andy gave up that fatal 3rd run the game was over and everyone knew it.

• forensic says:

I could’ve dealt with it if they called him up for tonight’s game, but now I think it’s kind of pointless to do it for tomorrow.

He played a night game tonight, so I can’t imagine they’d have him travel to Boston and play a day game tomorrow. After that, it’s a night game in Boston, so you could have him travel tomorrow for one game on Sunday then travel all the way down to Texas. Just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

I’d have him play AAA tomorrow, travel to Texas on Sunday (without playing), and be ready to step right in on Monday. I don’t really understand why it sounds like they’re dead-set on playing him again in AAA on Sunday, assuming nothing happens before then.

• CP says:

Yeah, because there wasn’t any issue when Jeter came back too soon.

• forensic says:

I was strongly against Jeter coming up when he did, but these aren’t exactly the same situations.

Jeter had 4 partial games in 5 days, immediately being sent to AAA, for his rehab (and the ASB right around the corner which was another part of it for me). A-Rod has had 12 games (some partial) in 18 days, working his way through the affiliates.

At this point, I don’t think it’s worth all the travel and differently timed games for him to come up before meeting them Monday in Texas, but still, they are very different situations.

4. jtiddah says:

Was it because it was a bullet or because he can’t run?

5. Rolling Doughnut says:

Jeter, ARod and Granderson, even if they come back gangbusters and the Yanks get into the playoffs, aren’t going to save this team. I hope the baseball sages have some plan for 2014 and beyond.

6. Mouse says:

BRING HIM UP TOMORROW!!!!!!

7. JonS says:

So…is this the same guy who couldn’t hit mlb fastballs last year? He’s the savior now?