Jul

A-Rod unable to play in Friday’s rehab game…

… because it was rained out. C’mon, that’s the second time I’ve used that headline gag. A-Rod is with High-A Tampa now, and unfortunately the weather calls for rain pretty much all weekend. I guess we’ll just have to see how this goes day by day.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Mickey Scheister says:

I went from sad back to happy then to sad again when I realized he’s gonna be even more behind schedule and can’t play in an actual game tomorrow or maybe even this weekend.

2. Dalek Jeter says:

3rd by my count, Pineda injury, the Sanchez/Ciriaco trade in the winter league, and now this.

3. CTRob says:

I saw this one a few minutes ago, so I knew better than to fall for it.. The Ciriaco trade got me though. Tricksy hobbit.

4. ropeadope says:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, …..

5. trr says:

Got me!

6. Pseudoyanks says:

Everyday is April Fool’s Day at RAB !

7. forensic says:

Didn’t get me this time. Good to see they still haven’t learned that they’re never going to get rehab games in if they keep sending these guys to Tampa.

But of course, they stopped it with Nunez and aren’t doing it with Jeter, only A-Rod. Very even-handed organization.

Send him to Trenton with Nunez, even keep him with Charleston in Augusta. It’s better than constantly being rained out like Nunez was last week. And not really sure why Jeter is seemingly being so fast-tracked. Right to AAA and at least 5 innings? Seems like Nunez should be more in line for something like that at this point than Nunez.

8. I'm One says:

How easy (or hard) is it to transfer rehabbing players between your MiLB teams? If it looks like rain all weekend in Tampa, could they send him to Trenton and then back (if necessary) next week if the weather looks good?

• forensic says:

It’s very easy. Rehabbing players don’t count against the roster sizes of the MiLB teams they’re assigned to. The only rule is that no more than 3 rehabbing players can be assigned to the same MiLB team at the same time.