Thunder on brink of title after come from behind win in Game TwoBy
- LHP Vidal Nuno, RHP Brett Gerritse, LHP Fred Lewis, and LHP James Pazos are all going to the Arizona Fall League. The full roster is up. Nuno is the big name, obviously. He’s been out since early-June with a groin strain, but he threw off a mound this past weekend according to his Twitter feed.
- The Yankees sent LHP Yoely Bello to the Rockies as the player to be named later in the Chris Nelson trade, reports Jon Heyman. The 22-year-old southpaw pitched to a 5.17 ERA (3.58 FIP) in 15.2 innings while repeating the Rookie Level Gulf Coast League this summer. About what you’d expect to give up for someone like Nelson.
Double-A Trenton (5-4 win over Harrisburg) the Thunder now lead the best-of-five Eastern League Championship Series two games to none, so they’re one win away
- CF Mason Williams: 2-5, 1 R, 1 K — having himself a nice little postseason after looking overmatched following the late-season promotion
- LF Ramon Flores: 1-5
- 2B Jose Pirela: 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- C Gary Sanchez: 1-4, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 E (throwing) — threw out one of two attempted base-stealers
- RF Tyler Austin: 0-2, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K
- 1B Kyle Roller: 0-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB — replaced by PR-1B Casey Stevenson in the seventh, who scored the eventual winning run
- DH Ben Gamel: 3-4, 1 RBI
- 3B Reegie Corona: 2-4, 1 RBI — singled in the tying run in the seventh
- SS Ali Castillo: 2-3, 1 RBI, 1 E (throwing) — drove in the winning run with a ground ball
- RHP Bryan Mitchell: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7 BB, 2 K, 10/3 GB/FB — 48 of 91 pitches were strikes (53%) … LHP Nik Turley set a career-high in strikeouts last night, Mitchell sets a career-high in walks tonight … I wonder what RHP Mikey O’Brien will do for an encore tomorrow
- LHP Francisco Rondon: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 0/2 GB/FB — 14 of 20 pitches were strikes (70%) … stranded one of two inherited runners
- RHP Danny Burawa: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 0/1 GB/FB – 13 of 22 pitches were strikes (59%)
- RHP Tommy Kahnle: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 0/1 GB/FB — ten of 14 pitches were strikes (71%)
The Triple-A Scranton, High-A Tampa, Low-A Charleston, Short Season Staten Island, and both Rookie GCL Yanks seasons are over. Trenton is the only affiliate still playing.