Dec

Video: Carlos Beltran’s introductory press conference

The Yankees officially introduced Carlos Beltran with a press conference on Friday morning. The main clips are below but there are more available right here.

Categories : Videos/Photos/GIFs

1. forensic says:

Which clip is the one where Beltran says “Where was this a decade ago?”

2. vicki says:

jessica’s got a little laura posada going on.

3. dkidd says:

switch-hitters of puerto rican descent remind me of the good old days

wishing him 3 productive years and 3 chances to build on his monster post-season numbers

• Mandy Stankiewicz says:

Here! Here!

• forensic says:

Personally, I hope he’s much more like the outfielder version than the catcher version. The outfielder version is among my couple favorite players ever. The catcher version, not so much (mostly just from his last year or so).

4. CashmanNinja says:

I personally loved how he kept mentioning Bernie during his press conference. To me that seems like proof about how badly he wanted to come here. He talked about how much he loved Bernie as a player and how they were friends. I really get the feeling that he was sincere about wanting to be a Yankee since forever. This is the kind of guy who could easily become a fan favorite over the next 3 years. It’s hard not to like the guy.

• forensic says:

Yup, and that goes even more so if they’re able to make the playoffs at some point and he continues his amazing production there.

5. Cuso says:

Whatever. I’m happy as hell he’s here. I don’t care how old he is.