Jun

Friday Night Open Thread

Only three more games left on this West Coast trip. Use this as the open thread until the regular game thread comes along in a few hours. The Mets are playing, MLB Network is airing a regional game, there’s a World Cup game still being played, and the (hockey) Rangers will once again try to extend the Stanley Cup Finals. Talk about those games or anything else right here. Have at it.

Categories : Open Thread

1. forensic says:

As an unabashed A-Rod homer, that is such a glorious video (the music, not so much, but I digress…). I still think the best one was probably the statement shot that gave Joe Nathan whiplash in Game 2 to really announce that he was taking over that postseason.

• vicki says:

.365/.500/.808/1.308

6 homeruns, 5 doubles, 18 rbi in fifteen games.

the man.

• Art Vandelay says:

That was one of my favorite post season HR’s – up there with Tino’s grand salami in the 2001 ALCS. Matsui was just as fun to watch in the world series that year.

• forensic says:

I still disagree with giving Matsui the WS MVP. Part of it is that I don’t think a guy with just 13 AB’s who’s a bench player for half the series should get it, but part is also that I disagree with giving different MVP’s for the WS and the CS (I also think A-Rod should’ve gotten that one over CC), especially since there isn’t one for the DS.

I’d think I’d prefer one overall playoff MVP.

2. the Other Steve S. says:

Geez, A-Rod is a dick but he is an amazing baseball player. I hope he can make it back and be A-Rod. We need him bad.

3. ALZ says:

Really makes you wonder if he is going to come back so strong to shut all these people up.

People go on and on about that contract, but he was an absolute beast in delivering a world series win.

4. Yankeefan91 says:

i miss A-Rod

5. Ramondo says:

I don’t watch TMZ or read the National Enquirer but I miss the A-Rod histrionics!! I also wish him the best coming back to play. Reading all that was written above, America eventually forgives. Many people, a few months back, hated A-Rod but now it seems he is missed.

6. fred robbins says:

Presidents are also popular once they leave office.

7. Mike says:

A-Rod would certainly make our lineup even more dangerous.

8. WhittakerWalt says:

Man, I wouldn’t trade that 2009 postseason for all the whiskey in Ireland. Screw anyone who says otherwise.