- Now that everyone is in camp, Aaron Boone addressed the team today. “The expectations are huge, and we will embrace that,” he said. [Erik Boland]
- Not sure about the rest of the day’s mound assignments, but Luis Severino and Cale Coshow threw live batting practice today. Pete Caldera has some video of Severino.
- Clint Frazier reworked his swing a bit over the winter to eliminate some of the hitch. “There aren’t as many moving parts … The leg kick is not high. I’ve tried to create some natural separation (between my hands and body) so it starts with keeping my hands on my shoulder,” he said. Here’s some video. [Brendan Kuty]
- The Yankees told Luis Cessa to lose weight over the winter and he dropped from 222 pounds to 208 pounds. “No tortillas, quesadillas, or tacos except for maybe on the weekend once … I feel much better. I feel more relaxed. I feel stronger,” he said. Apparently Cessa’s conditioning was an issue in the past. [Randy Miller]
- And finally, Rays manager Kevin Cash announced they will use a four-man rotation as long as possible to start the season, with bullpen games filling the gaps. That’s notable because the Rays start the season with five games in five days, with the fifth game being the Yankee Stadium home opener. Sounds like the Yankees will face a bunch of Rays relievers in their first home game this year. Huh.
Here is an open thread for the night. None of the local hockey or basketball teams are playing and there’s no college basketball either. There is the Olympics though, so that’s cool. Talk about anything except for religion or politics here. Have at it.