- Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique) hit outside and is progressing, but “it’s possible” he’ll start the season on the disabled list, according to Aaron Boone. Clint Frazier (concussion) is getting better, though it doesn’t sound like there’s a firm timetable for him to resume baseball activities. [Lou DiPietro, Brendan Kuty]
- So it turns out Aaron Judge will indeed play some left field this spring. He’ll play there in a minor league game tomorrow. Giancarlo Stanton is still working out in left field as well. I’d bet on Stanton being the guy in left field come the start of the regular season. [Bryan Hoch]
- Gleyber Torres socked a homer in a minor league game today. Here’s video and here’s the lineup card, if you’re interested. Don’t read anything into who is in the Triple-A lineup. Guys are always scattered around in Spring Training.
- In case you missed it earlier, the Yankees traded Jake Cave to the Twins for a lower level pitching prospect. Cave was designated for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Neil Walker earlier this week.
- The Yankees will be on the road to take on the Tigers tomorrow afternoon. That game will be televised. Masahiro Tanaka is the scheduled starting pitcher.
This is the nightly open thread. MLB Network is replaying games throughout the night, the Nets and Islanders are playing, and you have all the March Madness action as well. Talk about those games, the Yankees and Astros, or anything else here as long as it’s not religion or politics. Thanks in advance.