Record Last Week: 5-2 (53 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 100-62 (851 RS, 669 RA, 98-64 expected record)
Schedule This Week: AL Wild Card Game vs. Athletics (Wednesday at Yankee Stadium)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games in Tampa. The Yankees used a bullpen game for Monday’s 4-1 win over the Rays. They picked up a 9-2 win Tuesday before a ninth inning comeback fell short in Wednesday’s 8-7 loss. A 12-1 win Thursday clinched the series victory.
- The Yankees went to Boston next for the final series of the regular season. They clinched homefield advantage in the Wild Card Game with Friday’s 11-6 win. The Yankees got to 100 wins with Saturday’s 8-5 win. They closed out the regular season with 10-2 loss Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Both Didi Gregorius (wrist) and Aaron Hicks (hamstring) returned to the lineup after missing only a few days. Neil Walker (shin) is okay after fouling a pitch into his leg. Gleyber Torres (hip) missed only one game with tightness. Domingo Acevedo (unknown) was pulled from the Arizona Fall League.
- The Yankees have scouted Yusei Kikuchi. They’d like to re-sign Andrew McCutchen, as long as he comes on a reasonable contract. Zach Britton would “love to be back” with the Yankees next year.
- CC Sabathia was suspended five games for throwing at Jesus Sucre on Thursday. He is appealing the suspension, which won’t begin until next season anyway.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.