Record Last Week: 2-4 (19 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 79-76 (647 RS, 673 RA, 75-80 pythag. record), 5.5 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: @ Blue Jays (one game, Mon.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the final off-day of the season, the Yankees went to Tampa for a three-game series. They snapped their five-game losing streak with Monday’s 5-3 win. Gary Sanchez hit two homers in Tuesday’s 11-5 win. The Yankees couldn’t finish the sweep in Wednesday’s 2-0 loss.
- A series in Toronto was next. The Yankees got steamrolled in Friday’s 9-0 loss, then were shut out for the third straight game in Saturday’s 3-0 loss. They finally scored a run in Sunday’s 4-3 loss.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (elbow) will not make today’s start due to a flexor mass strain. Starlin Castro (hamstring) could return this week. Chase Headley (back) and Jacoby Ellsbury (knee) have both returned to the lineup. James Kaprielian (elbow) and Blake Rutherford (hamstring) have both resumed baseball activities.
- Brian Cashman said the Yankees’ young players are going to have to earn their spots on the 2017 roster. Everyone except Sanchez, I assume.
- The Rangers made a last minute push for Ivan Nova at the deadline. Phil Coke was traded to the Pirates for cash.
- Triple-A Scranton won the 2016 Triple-A Championship Game.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?