Some notes to get us started:
- The Yankees have signed VMI OF Matt Pita (12th round) to a $147,500 bonus, reports Jonathan Mayo. Slot money after the tenth round is $125,000. Pita counts as $22,500 against the bonus pool. Here’s our Bonus Pool Tracker. You can read about Pita in our Day Three draft recap.
- 3B Brandon Drury and RHP Cody Carroll were named to the Triple-A International League All-Star Game. Here’s the roster. I’m guessing this is not the All-Star team Drury and the Yankees had in mind this season. The Triple-A All-Star Game is July 11th in Columbus this year.
- OF Steven Sensley has been promoted to High-A Tampa, the team announced. Last year’s 12th round pick hit .277/.354/.498 (138 wRC+) with ten homers in 67 games for Low-A Charleston.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (4-2 loss to Lehigh Valley)
- 3B Tyler Wade: 0-3, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 CS — first start at third base since being sent down … I’m not sure he has the arm for the position, but might as well try it
- CF Clint Frazier: 0-4, 2 K — threw a runner out at second
- 1B Brandon Drury: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 2 K — second homer in four games
- DH Billy McKinney: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI — ten homers in 41 games so far … his career high is 16 homers in 124 games last year
- RHP A.J. Cole: 0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K, 1 WP — 14 of 26 pitches were strikes (54%) … I wouldn’t sweat the results … as long as he feels healthy and strong, that’s all that matters … he’s eligible to be activated off the disabled list in three days, so I bet he makes at least one more rehab appearance
- LHP Justus Sheffield: 6 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 WP, 7/4 GB/FB — 54 of 96 pitches were strikes (56%) … fifth time in nine Triple-A starts he’s allowed no more than one run … 82/33 K/BB in 72.2 innings