They’re done drafting for today, they’ll pick up the other 45 rounds tomorrow at 11:30am EST. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Brackman was a great, great pick. He was a top 2 talent earlier in the year, and has more upside than just about anyone in this draft class.
- I like the Romine pick, especially since he doesn’t seem to have any glaring weaknesses. I love guys with baseball bloodlines.
- The Pope, Suttle and Adam O. picks kinda baffle me. Maybe they’re trying to save money for bigÂ name picks tomorrow, maybe they know something we don’t. Suttle has a chance though, he could make a name for himself with some improvements.
- I’mÂ a bit shocked the Sawx took Will Middlebrooks as a pitcher as opposed to an infielder. He didn’t just slip through the cracks, there’s some underlying reason as to why he was still available in the 5th round.
- I hear alot of pining for Jack McGeary, Greg Peavey and Evan Danieli, the 3 best available players left on the board. All 3 of those guys are as close to unsignable as humanly possible (committed to Stanford, Oregon State and Notre Dame, respectively), so don’t be shocked if no one takes them tomorrow. Plus I heard McGeary was sitting at 82-84 in his last outing, and gave up a bomb to dead center to some New England HS scrub.
I’ve seen better days, but trust me, they could have done worse. WAY worse.
Update: This is a guy the Yanks need to go after tomorrow, no doubt about it. I also found out thatÂ Brad Suttle is a Tyle IÂ diabetic, for what it’s worth.Â