From the Blackberry, it’s quick hits from today’s win…
- So 500. That’s good. The Yanks rolled while ARod struggled a bit but this team is primed for a huge August.
- Phil Hughes struggled a bit but that is as expected. He fared this poorly during his debut a few months back. He was clearly nervous, and based on the obvious excpectations, I don’t blame him. Expect a good start next Friday against Cleveland. This kid’s got some future.
- Why is Kyle Farnsworth still around? He couldn’t even pitch well in a nine-run game. Dump him please. You gotta believe the boos are getting to him too.
- Luis Vizcaino in.a 16-7 game? Really, Joe? Come on.
- That Proctor-for-Betemit deal looks better each day. I have to give Cashman props too. He turned a huge liability – the bench – into a strength with the additions of Duncan, Molina and Betemit in July. With Giambi coming back, the bench will get even stronger when Damon enters the anticpated platoon.
- With the Tigers down as I write, the Yanks could be 1.5 games out of the Wild Card before the night is over. Not bad, eh?