Oct

ALDS game times announced

The Yanks drew the short straw on this one:

Thursday: At Cleveland, 6:30 p.m.
Friday: At Cleveland, 5 p.m.
Sunday: At New York, 6:30 p.m.
Monday: At New York, 6 p.m.
Wednesday: At Cleveland, 5 p.m.

Categories : Playoffs

1. Mike A. says:

Oi, going to be leaving work early quite often in the next week or so.

• mehmattski says:

Work? During the MLB playoffs? I don’t understand….

• rbizzler says:

Mike, that has got to kill you on the Left Coast. One of my great joys in living out there were the 4 o’clock start times. They made a great excuse to ditch work early, or at least spend the last hour or so on gamecast…

• NYFan50 says:

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I’ll settle for a little inconvenience in return for a playoff spot, though.

2. dan says:

I think that MLB was just being considerate to guys like Clemens and Mussina who need to get to bed earlier than most.

3. usty says:

I guess I’m in the minority in liking all the times except friday at 5. I like not staying up until 1 AM on a work night to watch the Yanks, or being at work and seeing none of it like game 2 of the DS last year.

• Kyle says:

I agree 100%, I hate 8:30 start times. The Yanks play long games and if its not starting until 8:30 then I am up until 12 minimum. 5 is nice I get back from work sit down and watch the game

4. Mike A. says:

The one thing I don’t like about the early start times is that they’ll have to deal with the shadows each game. All the Indians need is another why to give CC & Fausto and advantage over the hitters.

5. rbizzler says:

Anyone else fed up with ‘expert’ playoff predictions? I mean, don’t get me wrong I enjoy them when they favor the Yankees, but they really don’t mean jack. Every time you look at a series (playoffs or not) and try to make picks based on the pitching match-ups it never works out. I am interested to see how a guy like Carmona (who has a history of imploding) does in a playoff atmosphere. Don’t get me wrong, I think that he is talented, but let’s see how he responds to the challenge before he gets anointed. CC as well…

6. mg says:

At this point all we need to do is get hot and win 11 games. It’s not that hard. Any of these teams could do it. We’ve got a great offense and a good shot at it. I’m not gonna doom and gloom till nuclear winter begins.

7. Ivan says:

Well Guys this is it. Go Yankees

8. Travis says:

I like these teams, too. Great opportunity for kids to actually stay up and watch the end of games on the East Coast.

9. Relaunch says:

These times are awful for people like myself who have tickets to the games. Monday’s 6pm start? Dumb.

10. Ben K. says:

Sorry. This is my fault. I wasn’t explicit enough as to why these are bad start times. For people who work and want to catch the games, it’s nearly impossible. 5 p.m.? How do you justify leaving work at 3:30 or 4 for a baseball game on a Wednesday?

While I understand the tiered scheduling to allow for west coast games, what’s wrong with 7 p.m. start times? That works for the other six months of the baseball season.

11. Rob_in_CT says:

I like the start times – they work for me. I typically leave work at 5pm. I have a 1/2 hour commute home. I’ll be able to watch almost all the games, and I won’t be exhausted for work the next day. The Friday 5pm start is the only one that sucks a little bit (for me, obviously, YMMV).

For people actually going to the games, I understand.