Jul

Yankee great to miss the All Star Game

I was really hoping to hear Bob Sheppard announce the All Star Game next week at Yankee Stadium, but alas, it was not meant to be. The Voice of the Yankees spoke to The Star-Ledger’s Steve Politi recently and told the reporter that he will not be at the All Star Game. Jim Hall will fill in behind the PA mic instead.

Categories : Asides

1. Rich says:

The Great Bob Sheppard will still announce Derek Jeter, no?

2. Brett says:

Kind of figured this when he didn’t show up for the Boston series as originally planned. Extremely disappointing none the less. It won’t be the same (as all our games have not been)

3. Rich says:

The Yankees should find a way to honor him sometime soon.

4. Joltin' Joe says:

In other news Jarrod Saltalamacchia has accepted my Facebook friend request.

5. Jake H says:

in a chat today on espn.com Jim Callis said that CC told his teammates he wouldn’t playing farther east then Cleveland.

• Ben K. says:

Jim Callis said that an agent told him that CC had told some Indians teammates he wouldn’t play east of Cleveland. That’s quite the chain of unbelievability. While this is 100 percent off-topic and completely antithetical to our commenting guidelines, here’s the IM exchange Mike and I had about this:

me: funny what $135 million can do
      i don’t not believe it
      but it’s irrelevant
      Michael: heh, yep
      me: it’s July
      Michael: zeroes have a way of changing ones mind
      me: yep

6. deadrody says:

I sincerely hope Bob Shepard comes back. If not, however, I really hope the Yankees will find someone good to do the job, NOT the Bob Shepard impersonator they have doing it now.