Dec

2008 Rule 5 Draft

I’m camped out in the Rule 5 Draft war room, and I have to say there’s way more people here than I would have thought. I’m not going to take a picture of the room because there’s not much to see; lots of chairs, a podium on the stage and two big projection screens with a simple yet fancy R5D logo. I’d estimate that there’s room for about 500 people in here.

The big event starts at noon eastern, and I’ll be live blogging the whole schabang. Until then, you can check out some previews from Chad Jennings, Jonathan Mayo, and John Manuel. I know it’s the same software, but it’s not a chat, it’s a liveblog. I expect this thing to go by pretty fast, so I won’t be answering any questions. Maybe afterwards if I have time, but our flight is leaving pretty soon.

Categories : Minors

1. EricVA says:

Do these picks open up spots for any other Yankee prospects?

2. Chip says:

Anybody know of a decent player every taken in the minor league portion?

3. I like the Pirates taking Veal. He has/had great stuff, could be a late bloomer. And lord knows the Pirates have room to keep him on the 25-man all year. Nice pick.

4. jsbrendog says:

since this damn blog live thing doesnt work and is blocked at work where can i go after this thing to see the full results?

beuhler?

5. jsbrendog says:

where did reegie coronoa project? big loss or no?

6. jsbrendog says:

soo many yankee farmhands getting taken….good sign i hope.

7. emac2 says:

This live blog software is the lamest thing on the internet. It drops to the end of the page every time someone posts so you either get here on time or wait for the thing to end.

8. BigYank1 says:

‘Also, big thanks to the guys at River Ave. Blues. Baseball America’s web site wouldn’t load and milb.com wasn’t updating so I followed the draft through their live blog. Kudos to those guys for going to Las Vegas to cover the winter meetings themselves. ‘

—————————-

Direct quote from Chad Jennings over on his blog, pretty cool.