There’s only one week left in the regular season of our first ever fantasy football league, and just one of the twenty teams has clinched a playoff spot. The last time I updated you on the league’s goings-on, I was tenth in the league with a 5-4 record, but riding the wave of a three week winning streak. One month later, that streak is still alive at seven wins, and I’ve gone from the middle of the pack to near the top of the standings.
The trade deadline came and went with much controversy (I’m not going to explain, long story), and now teams are stuck mining the unbearably barren free agent pool for fill-ins. I grabbed Ken freaking Dorsey a few days ago to replace Vince Young as my backup to Chad Pennington for no other reason than because Dorsey will actually get some playing time during the rest of the season. Ryan Grant, Brandon Jacobs, Kevin Walter and Calvin Johnson continue to carry my squad.
Loyal RABer JSBrendog and I lock up for a UUUUUUGE battle this week. We’re tied for second in the league with identical 9-4-0 records, but I’m technically in third because my team has picked up 5.4 fewer points on the season. The winner of the week clinches a playoff spot and the second best record in the league, the loser’s playoff fate will be decided by the what the six teams with an 8-5-0 record do. You’re doing going down, fool.
Current standings are after the jump.
- Unstoppable Duo (formerly Craptastic Jay), 11-2-0, 1282.52 pts (clinched a playoff berth)
- JSBrendog (rocks), 9-4-0, 1059.72
- Mike A., 9-4-0, 1054.32
- Punk in Drublic, 8-5-0, 1278.64
- Tiki’s Empty Finger, 8-5-0, 1190.38
- Rafi, 8-5-0, 1166.96
- Tommie’s Titans, 8-5-0, 1157.90
- Our Daily Brett, 8-5-0, 1141.70
- Rae Carruth’s Hitmen, 8-5-0, 1049.76
- Jamal G., 7-6-0, 1195.20
- grgoyldef2, 6-7-0, 1219.52
- baseballbackyet?, 6-7-0, 1119.96
- Patrick, 6-7-0, 1101.82
- Vin R., 6-7-0, 1059.44
- Cano’s Hustlas, 5-8-0, 1072.78
- Manimal, 5-8-0, 858.16
- SAMIAMSPORTS, 4-9-0, 956.04
- The Highlanders, 4-9-0, 875.78
- GoYanks, 3-10-0, 943.96
- Joseph P., 1-12-0, 673.96