The first annual RAB Fantasy Football League came to a close last week, and I’d have to say it was a smashing success. Managing a squad in a twenty team league took some foresight and plain old luck, but it was a blast. We’ll definitely being doing this again next year.
Resident RABer tommiesmithjohncarlos took the league title despite getting a combined 0.00 points out of his kicker and Titans’ stud Chris Johnson in the championship game. He defeated me, JSBrendog (rocks) and Punk in Drublic (run by longtime reader Aaron) on his way to the title. I settled for a seventh place finish, which I’m happy with since this is my first experience with fantasy football in about five seasons.
In the last update I bragged about my seven-week winning streak heading into a final week battle with JSbrendog to determine second place, but that probably wasn’t such a good idea. I lost by 36+ points and had to settle for the sixth seed in the postseason. TSJC then sent my team packing with a 26.86 point defeat in round one of the playoffs. Brandon Jacobs’ poorly timed knee injury is what did me in, as I was forced to start Leonard freaking Weaver in my lone postseason game.
So for triumph, TSJC’s prize was a fancy new … nothing. All he got is bragging rights, and something tells me he’ll use them to fullest extent possible. Final standing after the jump, see you next year.
- Tommie’s Titans, 9-5-0, 1268.84 (League Champ)
- Punk in Drublic, 8-6-0, 1351.30
- Rafi, 9-5-0, 1249.66
- JSBrendog (rocks), 10-4-0, 1214.18
- Our Daily Brett, 9-5-0, 1210.76
- Rae Carruth’s Hitmen, 9-5-0, 1172.56
- Mike A., 9-5-0, 1172.56
- Unstoppable Duo, 12-2-0, 1365.82 (Regular Season Champ)
- Tiki’s Empty Finger, 8-6-0, 1273.64
- groyldef2, 7-7-0, 1303.02
- Jamal G., 7-7-0, 1260.94
- baseballbackyet?, 7-7-0, 1212.28
- Vin R., 7-7-0, 1156.62
- Patrick, 6-8-0, 1172.00
- Cano’s Hustlas, 5-9-0, 1148.08
- SAMIAMSPORTS, 5-9-0, 1062.06
- Manimal, 5-9-0, 908.86
- The Highlanders, 4-10-0, 947.30
- GoYanks, 3-11-0, 1014.14
- Joseph P., 1-13-0, 733.36