Apr

2009 Minor League rosters announced

PeteAbe has the official Opening Day rosters for the four full-season affiliates straight from the Yankees. We found out who was going to suit up for Low-A Charleston over the weekend, and yesterday we got word of Double-A Trenton’s preliminary roster. The Thunder is still two players over the 24-man roster limit, so I’m curious to see what happens there. Otherwise, there’s no real surprises with High-A Tampa’s and Triple-A Scranton’s roster. The only things that catch my eye are that Angel Berroa is nowhere to be found and Scranton will carry three catchers. Oh, and both Jairo Heredia and Wilkins DeLaRosa are MIA. I guess that’s noteworthy

Double-A Trenton’s season begins tomorrow at home vs Binghamton, while the other three clubs start on Thursday. So you know what that means … tomorrow night, DotF, be there.

Categories : Asides, Minors

1. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

Melvin must be making the jump to the big league team soon.

2. A.D. says:

No Christian Garcia either, but it looks like that was expected.

• Troy says:

he’s on the DL right now…he’ll be in Trenton soon.

I wonder how the Trenton starting pitching will work out, on the backend that is. McAllister, Hacker, Kontos, Nova, Pope right now…who gets bumped when Garcia returns?

3. steve says:

i miss DoTF !!!

4. Cannot wait for DoTF…

5. ClayBuchholzLovesLaptops says:

Catchers: Jesus Montero, Austin Romine, Steve Strausbaugh.

One of those three should be converted to pitcher.

6. Doug says:

where’s bradley suttle?

7. andrew says:

I love Tim Dierke’s response in his live chat a few minutes ago about Ramiro Pena

[Comment From Ramiro Pena]
    Someone on the Yankees telecast said that scouts are starting to refer to me as one of the top “up-and-coming” shortstops in the Majors. Is this true?
    Tim Dierkes: Nah

Maybe we should be seeing him in the DotF this year. I’m assuming we will in a month or so.

8. Phil in LA says:

Jorge Vazquez is also conspicuously absent. Garcia and Horne are on rehab assignments, I think Sanchez is, too.

9. Tripp says:

Who is this Jorge Vazquez character? And why do I keep seeing people refer to him as a sleeper candidate? I’ve never even heard of the guy and I’ve followed the minors for a few years now….

10. Mike Pop says:

Down on the farm, yay!

11. Joey says:

Mike, how long until Brackman makes it up to Tampa, I really want to see him?

12. Joey says:

Gotta say I missed DotF almost as much as Yankee baseball, I might cry tomorrow when I finally see it

(I typed in “fat kid and cake” into the search to illustrate my point, but this was just sooooooo much better)

13. Nickel says:

Pilittere’s in AAA and Cervelli’s in AA? Not like it’s a big deal, but isn’t that a change in the pecking order from recent years?

14. Conan the Barack O'Brian says:

Any guesses on Arodys Vizcaino? GCL?

15. Andy says:

What about Heredia??? I expected him at Tampa. Is he on the DL????

16. [...] season at home against Rome. You can check out the affiliates’ Opening Day rosters here. Robert Pimpsner at Baby Bombers tells me that outfielder David Williams was recently released. [...]