Apr

Preliminary Double-A Trenton roster released

Mike Ashmore has the details. No real surprises, but they will have to remove two players from the roster before Opening Day to get down to the 24-man roster limit. I’m guessing that Justin Snyder and Jose Gil will get shipped down to High-A Tampa. The rotation is strong with Zach McAllister, George Kontos, Eric Hacker, Ryan Pope and Ivan Nova holding down the five rotation spots, and guys like Kanekoa Teixeira, Kevin Whelan, Mike Dunn and Josh Schmidt highlight a formidable bullpen. Chris Malec, Reegie Corona, Eduardo Nunez and Marcos Vechionacci represent a lock down defensive infield, but the outfield isn’t anything to write home about. Low-A Charleston’s roster was announced yesterday.

Categories : Asides, Minors

1. Z-Mac in AA? That’s a mild surprise, but a welcome one. I thought he’d start the season in Tampa.

2. Darth Stein says:

I thought Malec was starting the year in AAA.

3. Thank Mo we have some AA baseball to follow now that the season is over.

4. Drew says:

I look forward to a great year down on the farm and up here.

• Steve H says:

Oh, you didn’t hear? They lost today, season up here=over.

Sorry I had to be the one who broke the news to you, but I figured you deserved to know.

• pat says:

I’d say roughly 650 of the 1000 comments on the game thread were of the same nature.

• Steve H says:

I know. It’s scary that it was a large percentage of people who really think this way.

• A.D. says:

It was a lot of the same ppl that kept saying random stuff.

In reality there were a lot of positives today, some of the question marks in Posada & Gardner played well, Swish hit a double, Matsui was able to drive the ball.

Yeah CC sucked it up, but i’m not worried starting slow isn’t new & his track record speaks for itself.

• Drew says:

Fo sho, he had a 7+ ERA last year in April. I’m not saying he will do that again but we know how the rest of his season went. Overall, I don’t think we can be upset about too much. Anytime your starter can’t go 5 you expect a bad day.. we know all too much about that from last year.

5. Drew says:

Damn Giambino is even more jacked this year. Sucka got juice.

6. A.D. says:

Interesting to see how Pope does at AA. Puts up a decent season, he can make himself trade bait like McCutchen was last year.

7. A.D. says:

Shame that Malec didn’t make the AAA team

8. M.D. says:

who pitches on wednesday?

9. M.D. says:

who pitches on wednesday. wang or burnett?

10. Matt says:

A 21 point game at halftime? I thought the UConn women played tomorrow.

11. SS says:

Wow – Trenton’s roster isn’t really exciting save for Z-Mac.