Oct

ALCS Quick Hits: Brazil, Game 6 tix

I’ve got a short two items as we hope that the rain stays away. First, a Brazilian Yankee fan e-mailed us with a plea. ESPN Brazil is trying to decide whether or not to show Game 7 tomorrow night if necessary or the Cardinals/Giants game. To that end, the Worldwide Leader is hosting a poll. It’s in Portuguese, but help out a fellow Yankee fan. Vote here for MLB.

As far as tonight’s game goes, we have a reader looking to off-load a pair of tickets to Game 6. The two seats are section 305 and cost $80 each. If anyone is interested, e-mail me at the address in the sidebar. Update: The tickets have been claimed.

Categories : Asides, Playoffs

1. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

Only if he promises to be a little more positive.

2. nirzhor says:

does anyone know if espn does this often? thanks

3. Tom Zig says:

baseball is winning by a large margin

4. blazini says:

lol i was thinking why would they want to show some random old game between StL and SF? Silly NFL and their team names that are the same as baseball teams.

5. johnny says:

does anybody know why todays game got moved from a 4:17 start to 7:57?

I imagine it’s so fox can cash in, but just checking.

• It was moved once the Dodgers lost to the Phillies. Why they didn’t move it back, I don’t know.

• TheZack says:

I hate MLB/Fox’s refusal to ever move games in bad weather. You would think after last season’s WS, they would do all they can to avoid such things.

On the other hand, with the weather looking good for tomorrow, and the “vast national conspiracy against the Yanks,” I doubt they will play no matter what tonight :)

6. mustang says:

58% to 42% baseball when i voted

7. jsbrendog says:

i don’t usually come to the site on the weekends but i am glad i did to help beisebol win tomorrow night.

the only problem is, it will be irrelevant and everyone in Brazil will get to watch giants/cards because the yankees close it out tonight.

8. Sal says:

Ok can someone give me a ” look out the Window” weather report. I’m sitting in a hotel in Foxboro MA and weather here called for rain all day and we’e only had few sprinkles and overcast here. is the bronx weather that same?

• MARIS 61 says:

On and off most of the day. Right now it has stopped but it is still pretty cloudy with some breaks in the cloud cover to my south.
      My guess is they’ll wait until game time to make a decision.

• Sal says:

Thanks

So its looking better then the weather report I’ve read online. going by them I was going to call my sister on Long Island and tell her to start building a boat

9. WBA says:

Anyone know of good bars to watch the game in the LES. I am tired of places that play the game without sound and crappy music distracting me from my beer and playoffs. Also prefer bars that don’t cost $8 for a guiness.

• tim randle says:

my house. beer on tap is free. if the dog punches you, scratch his ears. if the black dog keeps pushing you, rub her belly, you can use your socked foot if you like.

side door is open, beer is in kegerator in pool house, cold glasses in freezer above it. i have no snacks, bring your own.

GO YANKEES!!!

calling back to back shots from upper half of lineup, and 2 dingers from bottom half of line up tonight.

have we had belly-to-belly bombs so far? i think not :(

10. Don’t worry Brazil. There won’t be a game 7.

11. frank says:

1050 reports game is canceled

12. Rafael From Brazil says:

thanks for the help guys, the NFL is way more popular here

now that the game 6 was posponed i dont know wehat ESPN will do

13. Luke From Brazil says:

Thanks everybody that helped us voting!
    Right now it’s 59% for baseball tomorrow. Let’s see what Espn will do for monday. Hopefully it won’t be necessary the game 7.
    Andy will be at his best tomorrow and we’ll win.

14. Rafael From Brazil says: