Oct

CC Sabathia named ALCS MVP

The Big Man is taking home some hardware. CC Sabathia, 2-0 in the ALCS, has earned himself the MVP award for the series. In his two starts against the Angels — one on three days’ rest — Sabathia was utterly dominant. He threw 16 innings and allowed just two earned runs on nine hits and three walks. He struck out 12, and the Angels hit .161/.203/.232 off of him. CC would have pitched a potential Game 7 tomorrow but will instead go up against former teammate Cliff Lee on Wednesday night in Game 1 of the World Series. A-Rod, who killed the ball and was on base five times tonight, deserves a nod as well. Right now, for the Yanks, it’s not about the personal hardware though; it’s about the trophy that is a tantalizing four wins away.

Categories : Asides, Playoffs

1. TJ says:

Totally earned it.

Let’s carry that over to the WS.

2. e mills says:

A-Rod should’ve got a piece imo

3. steve (different one) says:

great season.

love this team.

4. Who’s sensing a 7-game series?

5. jut says:

whats up with the phillies shit

6. JobaWockeeZ says:

Of course ESPN’s title would be ‘Return of the Empire.’

7. DSFC says:

ARod should’ve been co-MVP, but CC deserves it too. The big man has been a force of nature.

8. Accent Shallow says:

Big Man deserves it.

9. Evil Empire says:

CC is the man. Can’t say enough about him. He’s my favorite Yankee starting pitcher since Roger Clemens (said with all due respect to Moose).

10. steve (different one) says:

finally got that monkey off their back.

and for all the crap about Girardi (some deserved, some not as much), Sciosca totally screwed up his rotation decisions.

11. Arman Tamzarian says:

Arod’s saving his real play for the world series, and that MVP!

12. Drew says:

I thought my boy Melk deserved it.

jk..jk..

Ha I thought Al would get a co-MVP, at least, but whatever, pitching is numero uno.

ALso, I think MLB went with the safe choice, although, Al is a great story. Redemption all over this motherfucker.

13. Mister Delaware says:

Anyone else playing “Enter Sandman” on a continuous loop? I want to move back to the Phila area for the next 2 weeks so I can see them when we’re killing shit.

14. Dela G says:

when i posted there were 27 comments

GO GET SOME SON

15. gxpanos says:

I’m watching YES. Does Girardi have braces?

16. Drew says:

Mo gave Kim Jones bedroom eyes.look for Mo IV in 9 months.

17. crapulent aka I said good day sir says:

We are the MFY

We are the Evil Empire

And there is not a fucking thing you can do about it.

bahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

18. Handtius says:

The Big Man delivered against a strong opponent. I’m loving this. Feels like a long time since we were here and for the first time since 2003, I’m confident that we will win it all. If they do a Yankee stadium showing of a game in Phillie, we should have a RAB section.

19. Esteban says:

I nominate TSJC for MVP of Yankees Fans.

20. The Artist says:

They just showed Mo’s post season stats, which are insane.

0.77 ERA
    128 IP
    43 saves

In all seriousness, after he retires they should have an award for the best post season pitcher/reliever named ‘The Mariano Rivera Award’

21. Ivan says:

It could of went to CC or A-Rod, either way, it was well deserve.

Hey Phillies, your standing in the way of the yanks championship, fine, they’ll just run over ya.

22. Handtius says:

We’re still the team of the decade. We’ve been to the most world series since 2000, with a chance to go 2-2 in those series.

23. Evil Empire says:

The Battle of the Ex-Indian-Cy-Young-Winners-Who-Got-Traded begins soon. I can’t wait for the bullshit Jerry Crasnick article on espn.com that tries to make that a real story. Fuck me for knowing Jerry Crasnick is going to write that … or maybe Peter Gammons.

• Man, Manny Acta is gonna be heartbroken when he gets to Cleveland and finds out those guys aren’t there anymore.

• Evil Empire says:

I do not feel confident about the success of the Indians baseball team for the foreseeable future. Like…they’re fucked in a big way, unless their minor league system is a miracle worker.

• Mister Delaware says:

Which sucks because Acta is awesome.

• Evil Empire says:

Just out of arbitrary nothingness, I’m gonna say I bet Bobby Valentine would’ve been a good fit for the Indians. That’s who I would’ve went with.

• Mister Delaware says:

Valentine is more of a foot-up-the-ass guy on an underachiveing team. Acta makes sense with a saber-GM and a team that just needs to be run better (ie: Laporta in the lineup rather than sitting).

• Evil Empire says:

So, on a far off very distant side note, it’ll be interesting to see what the Angels do this off season. Angels are in a precarious position with key pieces of the team hitting the free agency market and the talk being they won’t be able to bring every single one back. I think need to let Vlad walk, as painful as it may be for them, and make sure they keep Abreu.

Its the John Lackey situation that is most interesting though. Without Lackey, the Rangers are right there with the Angels. With Lackey, they’ll be forced to pay a shitload of money which prevents them from committing elsewhere for at least 4 or 5 years and who knows how much value you end up getting on the deal when all is said and done.

• GG2000 says:

Or that “Rick Vaughn” is really Charlie Sheen …

24. TheLastClown says:

2009 Yankees >>>>> 2008 Rays

Who’s your daddy Pedro?

25. Mister Delaware says:

For those of you that don’t watch much NL baseball, Victorino is going to be a treat. I can’t remember a dumber ballplayer in terms of general baseball smarts. If he doesn’t make atleast two bonehead plays in this series, I’ll move to Brazil.

26. Ivan says:

Somewhere out there, the Phillies are screaming to their mommies “Mommy, mommy, the yankees are coming to get me”

Shane Victorino AKA Hawaiian will get punch.

Ryan Hwoard AKA CC’s little bitch

Hey Met Fans, remember thant bully that picks on you all the time, don’t worry we’ll take care of them.

27. [...] more post-game coverage on RAB, we have the World Series schedule and a brief bit on CC Sabathia earning the ALCS MVP. Posted on Monday, October 26th, 2009 at 1:07 am in Playoffs. RSS feed | Trackback [...]

28. [...] After first being rained out on Saturday, Game Six went down last night, and the Yankees leaned on two veteran pitchers for their first pennant since 2003. Big bad CC Sabathia was a much deserving ALCS MVP. [...]