Oct

MLB announced start times for ALCS Games 1 and 2

Get ready for some weekend night games. According to Carig, the Yankees and Angels have start times for Friday’s and Saturday’s games. Game 1 on Friday will start at 7:37 p.m., and Game 2 on Saturday will start at the same time. First pitch times for the games in Anaheim have yet to be announced. All ALCS games will be broadcast on FOX by the dynamic duo of Tim McCarver and Joe Buck. Hooray.

Categories : Asides, Playoffs

1. aj says:

I don’t get home til 9pm, I hate these early start times.

• Tell me you’re joking. Games that start 30 minutes later than most weeknight Yankee games don’t suffer from an “early start time” problem.

• Nick Palumbo says:

Wow seriously ppl 7 pm was about the normal start time all year for most baseball teams especially fridays and sat. if 30 mins is that much of a big deal wait til they get to anahiem, games probably wont start til like 8 or maybe even later

2. Salty Buggah says:

Damn, this sucks. That’s usually the time to do homework and stuff. I was liking the early times.

3. Drew says:

I can understand a Friday night game but damn… Saturday too? Not ideal.

4. I have to go to my parents’ place on Saturday for a family commitment. My family has awful timing.

5. Mark says:

Two great drinking nights, bars will be packed.

6. Jon G says:

Ugh Tim McCarver.

In addition to consistently spewing the most maddeningly stupid commentary, making game experiences much less enjoyable than if, say, Charlie Steiner was announcing, I also hear he is a complete asshole.

McCarver is actually so bad, and has been so annoying during some of my favorite (and least favorite) baseball moments over the years, that he ranks as one of the top 10 people I’d want to kick in the balls.

He’s still significantly below Dick Cheney, but he makes the list.

7. AndrewYF says:

Is there any way to get WCBS streaming over the internet? It might be delayed, but it’s better than listening to Buck and McCarver.

8. Jerry R says:

I hope you are being sarcastic when you say hooray for buck and mccarver. I think Joe Buck is the worst baseball announcer of all time. McCarver is very knowledgable and I can take him but Joe Buck is the worst!!