Nov

Jeter hard up for the dough

111209 Derek Jeter on setPM

Just a few hours ago, we were talking about low-level rumors concerning a Derek Jeter contract extension. Later in the day, pictures emerged that showed Jeter could really use the dough. As you can see, he’s been reduced to begging for money on the streets of Coney Island. And his hair grew out since last week.

Nah, I’m just kidding you. Derek’s filming a movie. The film, called The Other Guys, stars Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell as two cops who, in the words of The Post, “are permanently benched after Wahlberg’s character wrongly shoots Jeter in the leg after seeing him walking around with a bat.” Jeter plays a future washed-up version of himself.

Click here for a rather amusing photogallery of scenes from the movie shoot. With that scraggly long hair and oversized puffy coat, Derek has never looked better.

Categories : Whimsy

1. bob b. says:

I’ve lived here my whole life and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a homeless man with brighter teeth!

2. pat says:

WAIT!! Lemme tell you about the new panoramic vista sunroof!!!!

3. Drew says:

Haha at first I thought that was a Nomaas photoshop job.

4. Salty Buggah says:

I bet he only did this because Eva Mendes is in the movie.

5. Hey Crazy Homeless Derek Jeter, how’s it going? I like your crazy homeless look, that’s really great!

So you’re a crazy homeless guy, right, what’s that all about? You used to play for the Yankees, right? I produce Entourage.

Okay. Talk to you later, Crazy Homeless Derek Jeter. Say hello to your mother for me.

6. Riddering says:

Look at it this way: what a boon for all the homeless women in NYC!

7. Kiersten says:

The girl in me says Jeter makes a very attractive homeless man.

8. Free Mike Vick says:

Mark Wahlberg???

the kid from ‘new kids on the block’??

oh wait…thats donnie.

Mark Wahlberg???

Marky Mark from ‘Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch’??

9. JMK aka The Overshare says:

Not to dash people’s hopes, but Derek Jeter does not look like a convincing homeless man. Having worked at a NPO dealing with alcoholism and drug use within the homeless community, I think it looks straight-up ridiculous.

They need to do a better job in makeup/wardrobe.

10. The artist formerly known as (sic) says:

Get pumped up for open thread!

11. The Silent Bob look… Not working for DJ.