Jan

Spring Training tickets on sale Friday morning

The Yankees announced this afternoon that Spring Training tickets will go on sale on Friday morning at 10 a.m. The Yanks play just 17 home games during the Grapefruit League action, and as always, tickets are sure to go fast. I’m a veteran of the Florida Spring Training scene, and this year, the prices seem a bit steep. The most expensive tickets are $31 and even the cheap seats are going for $17. That’s not an insignificant chunk of change to watch Colin Curtis roam the outfield for five innings. Anyway, the official site has all of the details. If you have the chance to go to Tampa, grab some tickets. It’s always fun to watch camp in action.

Categories : Asides, Spring Training

1. DP says:

So I’m trying to go down this year. When you say the tickets “go fast,” how fast are we talking?

• Steve H says:

They’re already gone.

(kidding, I have no idea)

• If you’re not logged on to MLB.com to buy tickets right at 10 a.m. on Friday, odds are good you’ll have to pay secondary market prices for any tickets you want. Based on my experience with previous years, they’ll be gone by 10:15 or 10:30 at the latest.

• JMK aka The Overshare's Garden Apartment Complex says:

For Spring Training? Wow.

• Spring Training is very popular.

• JMK aka The Overshare's Garden Apartment Complex says:

Is it really worthwhile? It seems like an exorbitant price to watch AAA guys, has-beens, and a few innings of regulars. I try to avoid Florida at all costs, so perhaps I’m a bit biased as well.

If it were $10 bucks, yeah, I’d definitely go. But $17 is a bit steep.

• It’s a lot of fun but the prices are really getting up there. I’ve been going to Grapefruit League games for as long as I can remember because my grandparents live near a few teams. You definitely though get the AAA guys and retreads after the 4th or 5th innings.

• J.R. says:

The real question is, how expensive are beers?

2. Jake H says:

If I had money I would go but it’s a bit far from KC to Tampa.

3. If you happen to go and you run into me, let me know, because chances are I’ll need a ride because I’ll be smashed. I’ll be the guy taking pictures of Melvin Croussett.

4. jsbrendog says:

i’ll be down in tampa with 3 friends from the 4th to the 7th and will be at one yankee game and probably 2 other team’s games within close distance.

if anyone is going to be down there/lives down there and wants to grab a beer, or many beers let me know

5. Jramey says:

They go quick. You can always buy them from scalpers but thats a hassle. I went to Brighthouse (Phils) last year because we were in clearwater at the time. We went to Legends (Steinbrenner) a year before. Just but tickets before you go, I’m personally going to a Yankees – Phillies rematch at Steinbrenner. I’m excited.

6. thurdonpaul says:

spring training sounds like fun, but when do the REAL tickets go on sale ?

7. [...] is the original post: Spring Training tickets on sale Friday morning | River Avenue Blues Share and [...]