Mar

Yankees send Edwar Ramirez to Texas

Via MLBTR, the Yankees have traded the recently DFA’d Edwar Ramirez to Texas for cash considerations. Apparently a 5.22 career ERA doesn’t go as far as it used to. Edwar has allowed roughly one homer for every five and a third innings pitched during his big league career, so I can’t imagine playing in Arlington will work out too well for him. Either way, I wish him luck. The Bugs Bunny change was fun while it lasted.

Categories : Asides, Transactions

1. Thomas says:

Fare thee well, Edwar. I will miss you.

2. Drew says:

How much do you think it is? 50K to cover the rule 5?

3. bexarama says:

Good luck, Edwar.

(And good luck not giving up HRs in Texas, yeesh.)

4. Captain Bawls says:

I’m amused by the number of dumb people on the Facebook who are somehow upset about this deal. I quote, “I’m not seeing a title defense in the future. They got rid of too many key players!”

At what point was Edwar a key player?

5. Prediction: Curtis will take Edwar deep this season.

6. HE’S BETTER THAN MARIANO RIVERA!!!!!

/MaxKellerman’d

7. Gor says:

He could be a star in the French League

8. Rose says:

Seldom poster “Bill R” used to say that Edwar Ramirez was the best pitcher the Yankees have EVER had. I know this because I’m also friends with him outside of the message board world.

Whenever he would come in he’d get all excited only to be most inevitably let down once he failed miserably.

I, on the other hand, couldn’t stand him and had to the leave the room whenever he came in (unless we were already winning by a lot or losing by a lot in which it didn’t matter – which was actually the only time he really ever came in…which means – I never left the room)

• bexarama says:

I still remember that game against the Angels when he got two quick outs then gave up two walks and a single to load the bases, and served up a grand slam to Mr. Teixeira.

Fun fact: He actually got the WIN in that game, because Scot Shields and Darren Oliver imploded worse than he did.

9. Patrick says:

Does Javy take over his number?