Apr

At Long Last: New RAB Merchandise

Can you believe it’s been three-and-a-half years since the Save The Big Three shirts? Good times, though I don’t even wear mine anymore. The vendor was used wasn’t great and those things shrunk like you wouldn’t believe. It was the thought that counted anyway.

Today I’m happy to (finally) announce that we’re getting back into the merchandise game, though it’s not just t-shirts anymore. Now you can get hoodies, coffee mugs, bumper stickers, all sorts of stuff at the River Ave. Blues Shop. And if you do just want a t-shirt, you can now customize the colors and what not, which is always cool. The prices are reasonable and in the interest of full disclosure, yes we do get a cut of the sales, though not all of it. I wish.

We have the one design above with the street sign logo and what not, plu this numbers design courtesy of Tyler Wilkinson. He also designed our podcast logo, and will be providing us with more in the future. We just launched the shop today, so the selection is limited for the time being.

Update: If you’re having trouble with your shopping cart (as in, it’s empty even though it shouldn’t be), just clear the cache and cookies within your browser and you’ll be good to go.

Categories : Self-Promotion

1. Dave Gershman says:

Awesome

2. Monteroisdinero says:

Only God can have his # retired before he does.

3. bexarama says:

Everyone knows those hipster shirts that are like
    (Name)&
    (name)&
    (name)&
    (name)?

A Yankee one could be awesome. It might be Core 4 (with Bernie!) or something, or other players, but I waaaaant.

4. My first two thoughts:

A.) This sounds AWESOME.
    B.) That pictured shirt is probably some sort of copyright/intellectual property infringement, even if you did take the smart and necessary steps of not using the Yankee fonts and not including any official logos or insignia.

Buy ‘em now while you can, folks, before the cease-and-desist.

5. Is that a little “x2″ mark by the #8? To indicate the double-retiring?

Nice.

(cue Christian Bale voiceover)
    “My god, it even has a watermark!”

6. Monteroisdinero says:

4 rows of 4.

After #2 and #13 are retired, 3 rows of 6 or 9 rows of 2.

Nice.

BTW, Jackie Robinson’s 42 has no pinstripes (in Monument Park)-but this is a minor issue.

7. Ellis says:

Awesome idea. Suggestion for any future products – I’d buy some RAB merchandise if the design were a little simpler. With the logo, the 3 photos, and the quote, it’s a little busy. One that just said R.A.B. in a cool font would be nice. (Just my $.02).

8. SCT says:

I click the link and it won’t load, I get a blank page. Outdated browser at work that I’m not authorized to update?

9. Drew says:

I’m a zipper hoodie kind of guy. If you guys get those you can have my $40, probably $80 if they come in different colors.

10. There’s a bunch of ideas that were kicked around that all potentially violated several copyrights and/or trademarks. Assuming the designs never make it onto shirts, I’ll throw them on Flickr at some point.

A lot of them are you various suggestions and requests via Twitter.

11. Boy says:

Are these shirts Made in America? Just wondering. Thanks

12. Johnny On The Spot says:

How about a “Jesus is Coming” shirt for the next merchandise?

13. Cy Pettitte says:

“We Won the Granderson Trade” shirt please

14. Mark says:

What’s the chance/cost of overseas delivery?

15. true says:

wow you must of worked really hard on that.

16. Mat Uk says:

Would be cool if the words where in White if you buy the t-shirt in blue

17. Stevie V says:

Wow…That’s all pretty terrible looking in my opinion, and extremely overpriced every item listed. More power to you for making money off whoever you can.

• Steve S says:

Yeah jumped the shark pretty much…

• Boy says:

Cool shirts, but way too steep. I hope RAB sells a bunch. I know, business is business. But if I’m going to shell out that kind of money, it better damn well be Made in America or have some of the proceeds go to charity.