May

Heyman: Tigers agree to deal with Joel Hanrahan

Via Jon Heyman: The Tigers have agreed to a deal with free agent reliever Joel Hanrahan. No word on the terms or anything like that. We heard the Yankees had “strong interest” in the right-hander just yesterday. Oh well.

Categories : Asides, Hot Stove League

1. Frank says:

Hey Mike,

Can you confirm which team signed him? I was happy at first, but now I am sad.

Thanks.

2. Capt says:

I believe the headline needs a correction

3. jason says:

Mike, maybe this is Chat or Mailbag thing…but are there are arms out there remaining that might be helpful – either the BP or for the somewhat worrisome rotation?

4. .... says:

This title made me very happy. The rest not so much

5. Algernon Blackwood says:

Maybe we can have Joba back now.

6. Jorge Steinbrenner says:

Say it loud, say it proud……

7. Vern Sneaker says:

On an unrelated topic, when are we going to replace Roberts with Sizemore? Roberts is so . . . mediocre. At least Sizemore can hit a little.

8. jjyank says:

Ah well. Would have been a nice depth option, but you gotta be a bit wary of relying on a guy fresh off surgery to help out. It’s not like Hanrahan was a control artist before the TJS, as well all know what a pitcher’s control can look like right after they come back.

I’m not all that worried about the bullpen at the moment anyway.

9. Jersey Joe says:

It’s probably for the better to save that money for picking up a starter’s salary anyway.

10. Dalek Jeter says:

Can never have too much pitching, but I’m not gonna lose any sleep over this.

• Prussian General Jordan Brink says:

Can never have too much sleep.But i’m not gonna lose any pitching over this.

11. jim says:

The Yankees have Andrew Bailey in the minors he should be ready by July. They can’t hit that’s the problem they should be driving the ball and they are not. Rumor is zemija from the cubs friend of mine lives in Chicago and works at Wrigley field and they are hearing the cubs and Yankees are “talking”,and finally get rid of Roberts and Kelly and bring in drew what’s the problem

12. The Great Gonzo says:

I mean, I woulda picked the Tigers too if I were him. He has a chance to close in Detroit, he’s at best 3rd in line in NY behind Robertson and possibly Kelley.

That said, woulda liked that depth.