Regular Season Record: 100-62 (851 RS, 669 RA, 98-64 expected record), second in ALE
Postseason Record: 2-1 (18 RS, 9 RA), won WC Game, tied 1-1 in ALDS
Schedule This Week: ALDS Game Three vs. Red Sox (Monday); ALDS Game Four vs. Red Sox (Tuesday); ALDS Game Five at Red Sox (Thursday if necessary)
Top stories from last week:
- After the regular season ended Sunday, the Yankees had to wait until Wednesday to play the AL Wild Card Game. They picked Luis Severino to start, set their roster, then went out and beat the Athletics 7-2 in advance.
- An ALDS matchup against the Red Sox was next. The Yankees set their roster and went with J.A. Happ in Game One. Happ got rocked in Friday night’s 5-4 loss. The next night the Yankees rebounded and Gary Sanchez hit two home runs in the 6-2 win in Game Two.
- Injury Update: Aaron Hicks (hamstring) exited ALDS Game One with tightness. It’s his right hamstring, not the one that was tight the final week of the regular season. An MRI came back clean and the hope is he’ll return to the starting lineup in Game Three later today.
- Tyler Wade, Kyle Higashioka, and Luis Cessa are all in Tampa staying sharp in case they’re needed at some point in the postseason. Sonny Gray is doing the same in New York.
- The Yankees hold the 30th overall pick in the 2019 amateur draft. Teams no longer forfeit first round picks to sign qualified free agents, so the Yankees are locked into that pick.
- Based on our estimate, the Yankees did stay under the $197M luxury tax threshold this year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.