- In case you missed it earlier, RHP James Kaprielian is going on the High-A Tampa DL with elbow inflammation. He will be “treated conservatively” and there’s no timetable for his return. Bummer.
- In other in case you missed it earlier news, the Yankees have acquired LHP Phil Coke from the Lancaster Barnstormers of the independent Atlantic League. He’s heading to Triple-A Scranton.
- The Yankees have signed RHP Luis Rodriguez, reports Matt Eddy. There are like a dozen Luis Rodriguezes playing baseball, so I have no idea which one they signed. The teenager from Mexico? The 33-year-old minor league journeyman? We’ll find out soon enough. Suspense!
Triple-A Scranton (5-2 win over Lehigh Valley)
- CF Ben Gamel: 2-4, 1 R, 1 K — 11-for-26 (.423) in his last seven games
- C Gary Sanchez: 1-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 RBI, 1 K — 9-for-24 (.375) with four doubles, a triple, and a homer in his last six games
- RF Nick Swisher: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 2 K — the homer was his third homer in ten games with the RailRiders, and Shane Hennigan says it was an opposite field job … this was his first game in right field, and Dave Rosengrant says Swisher made a leaping catch at the wall to end the game … it’s not a coincidence he is playing right field with Aaron Hicks and Alex Rodriguez banged up
- LF Jose Rosario: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K
- RHP Anthony Swarzak: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 5/6 GB/FB — 63 of 90 pitches were strikes (70%) … best start of the season for the RailRiders
- RHP Vinnie Pestano: 1 IP, zeroes, 3 K — eleven of 18 pitches were strikes
- LHP James Pazos: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 0/1 GB/FB — seven of eleven pitches were strikes