Record Last Week: 3-4 (41 RS, 38 RA)
Grapefruit League Record: 15-12-1 (123 RS, 108 RA)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Twins (Tues. on MLBN, MLB.tv), vs. Rays (Weds. on YES, MLBN, MLB.tv), vs. Pirates (Thurs. split quad on YES, MLB.tv), @ Tigers (Thurs. split squad on ESPN, MLB.tv), vs. Nationals (Friday on YES, MLB.tv), @ Nationals (Saturday at Nationals Park, MLB.tv), Sun. OFF
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees named Masahiro Tanaka their Opening Day starter, as expected. He will be followed in order by Michael Pineda, CC Sabathia, Nathan Eovaldi, and Adam Warren. Warren has not yet officially been announced as the fifth starter, but it’ll happen soon. He’s locked up the job.
- Injury Updates: Didi Gregorius (wrist) has a minor strain after landing awkwardly on a dive and is expected to return to action Wednesday. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique) has resumed hitting and is progressing well. Chris Capuano (quad) is playing catch from a chair. Mark Teixeira (knee) is okay after being hit by a pitch.
- The Padres have some interest in Austin Romine. Scott Baker and Jared Burton were both released as part of this week’s round of roster cuts, though Burton has apparently agreed to a new minor league contract and Baker may do the same.
- The Yankees are among the teams scouting Cuban RHP Yadier Alvarez, who might not be able to sign before July 2nd. Cuban infielder Hector Olivera agreed to a six-year deal with the Dodgers.
- New York has been scouting lefty Brady Aiken, the first overall pick in 2014 and a top draft prospect for 2015. He recently had Tommy John surgery.
- Forbes estimates the Yankees are worth $3.2 billion.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.