May

Cooking with the Chamberlains

While debating fist pumps is all the rage these days, a young man’s gotta eat also. In an ESPN The Magazine special, Joba Chamberlain shares his dad’s casserole recipe with the world. “I lived at home until I was 20, and dinners are some of my fondest memories. My dad would cook this casserole, I’d dish it out for everyone, and we’d all sit and watch the game,” Chamberlain said to the magazine. Now you too can eat like Joba.

Categories : Asides, Whimsy

1. YES says:

Lets hope he doesn’t eat too much like he did in college.

2. Cam says:

Just a thought I wanted to share. I was watching Baseball Tonight last night and they had a clips of nasty pitches or something like that. They showed Beckett striking out some dude and just thought to myself, ‘man, if Joba is projected to be something like this guy, I can’t wait. It’s gonna be awesome.’ To have that stuff on the mound for 7 innings during a game. Nasty.

3. ceciguante says:

that recipe is nasty

4. Joseph P. says:

It’s a glorified Hamburger Helper. Not that I’m disparaging Hamburger Helper.

• ceciguante says:

i am.

but hey…whatever fuels the joba train. it’s the memories of family, i’m sure, not the casserole, that made it memorable for him.

5. Mike N (Stamford, CT) says:

You have to worry about any recipie that starts with “Take 1 pound of ground beef…”

6. Andiamo says:

Ummmm, Ummmm, Ummm. Carbolicious!

7. RustyJohn says:

Are we going to get the Chamberlain fruit salad with jello recipe next week? I wish one of the major publications or web pages would regularly list all 25 guys on the roster each month and have a “What are they ____ now?” Like, what are they reading now, what are they listening to now, what are they eating now, what are they banging now just to see who has the most eccentric tastes…

For example, if Kyle Farnsworth read “Thus Spoke Zarathustra” in April, I would find that interesting. My feeling is that the only members of the team who read regularly are Girardi, Mussina and Ohllie.

Speaking of Farnsworth, I await his recipe for deer jerky.