Jan

Everyone loves a new t-shirt

Here’s a fun little story that trickled into my Inbox via Google News last night: T-shirt sales for CC Sabathia are far exceeding the usual demand for player t-shirts. According to Crain’s New York, local stores including Modell’s and the Yankee Clubhouse stores have sold out Sabathia shirts three times over. I don’t have a CC shirt yet. I think I’m going to wait for the Teixeira 25 ones to hit.

Categories : Asides

1. Chris says:

They have the Tex shirt at Modells. I bought mine yesterday

2. *clings to her Mo shirt like guns and religion*

3. steve (different one) says:

and all of these profits are split 30 ways, but the Yankees are bad for baseball.

4. Raul says:

I’m waiting for them to sign a fifth starter. If they don’t i’ll buy a Hughes. My plan is to buy a t shirt of every starter. So that everytime i go to the stadium I’m wearing the t shirt of the Yankees starter

5. Dan says:

They have the Teixeira shirts at Modells, but the one by me only had S,M, and XXL. They had tons of CC and AJ shirts in every size however. I even saw an Igawa shirt. Meanwhile, Dicks was selling a green jeter jersey for $10.

6. Cam says:

When they sign a new player, I always wait a while before I invest in a t-shirt, but for some reason I want a Teixera one now. I’m pumped about our new first baseman! My favorite siging of the offseason.

7. Any word on why Modells isn’t stocking the Croussett shirts yet?

8. Raul says:

Why hasn’t Swish got a number yet?

9. Mike A. says:

I bought two CC shirts right before x-mas, one blue and one grey. Modell’s was selling them for $14.99, and usually it costs ~$30 to get one shirt off the official site with shipping and all that. The other day I got a Tex and Burnett shirt, different Modell’s though.

10. I got a Sabathia shirt over the holidays. I usually wait to purchase the new acquisitions until after they’ve played games, but this was a gift.

11. steve (different one) says:

i was waiting for Teixeira to come out. i will pick one of those up.

12. Nady Nation says:

TSJC – I answered your Eli/Warner question a few threads back. Not to be off topic, we can get more into it in an open thread.

13. Nady Nation says:

Regarding the Teix shirts, anyone else notice that the blue Teix shirts were considerably smaller than the grey ones, and the other players (CC, Burnett) blue shirts at Modell’s? I held off buying one because I was afraid it would shrink too much in the wash.

14. usty says:

I’m just searching Ebay for the stupid sellers of bootleg jerseys dumping their giambi jerseys.

15. Yank Crank 20 says:

I’m waiting on my Swisher shirt. I wonder if he’ll go back to 33 or stick with the Dirty 30?

16. Wayne's World says:

I heard that the shirts all say:

CC $abathia