Aug

Fan Confidence Poll: August 17th, 2009

Record Last Week: 5-2 (38 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 74-44 (657 RS, 553 RA), 7.5 games up
Opponents This Week: @ Oakland (3 games), @ Boston (3 games)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Going 9; things are great, but there are always things that could be improved.

Is there any chance Hideki Matsui could miss the rest of the season? I know that’s doubtful but if he could, my pipe-dream of Dunn in Pinstripes could have life breathed back into it…

/wakes up

2. Confidence = 8

Present = 9, future = 7, averaged.

3. A.D. says:

Shame on ‘Sui, good thing is looks like Heathcott and Murphy should be signed.

4. Makavelli says:

I don’t know why the Derek Jeter milestone snub was given in the synopsis…

But I don’t like it!!

5. David A says:

OT Yanks are facing Brett Tomko tonight.

6. Kiersten says:

Cody Ransom is back. 10.

7. yankeegirl49 says:

On a good note, it seems the idiot that had been voting 1 changed to 2.

8. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

After watching Chris Smith Saturday, I have no doubt in the minor league development program. The guy is in phenomenal shape…..for a 70 year-old.

• Mike Axisa says:

It’s okay Andy, he hit .700-something in high school.

• Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

I know that I only saw him play 14 innings of baseball, but I wish the Yankees would draft players like Mike Crouse. He was the GCL Blue Jays’ centerfielder. Tall, fast and looks like he could get a lot stronger. That dude could FLY. He tripled down the 3rd base line. How often down you see that on a standard baseball field? Of course it didn’t hurt that it was Chris Smith chasing down the ball.

9. Tank Foster says:

I almost never change my rating. The way the question is worded, it’s hard to justify changing an opinion much based on how the team is playing now. Perhaps two polls would be better. One on the current state of the team with respect to this season, and another of the “overall future.”

• TLVP says:

I think a lot of us have that issue with these polls.

In fact I’ve rarely changed my level based on what the Yankees have been doing. I have been moving my rating up, but more as a result of getting better insight into the problems the Sox and Rays are facing for the future

10. mryankee says:

Anyway Eiland can sit Joba down and make him watch tape after tape of Justin Verlander-that is the model right there-This guy is insane he was throwing 100 mph in the eithe freaking inning n fenway last week

11. Jorge Steinbrenner says:

I don’t mind these polls, and it’s not a big deal if you’re a 10 one week, a 9 the next. Whatever. It’s a friggin internet poll.

Down from 10 to 9. Why? No idea. It’s scarier to be at the top sometimes. Nowhere to go but down, I guess. That, and I wish both the team and Joba himself would figure Joba out. Good to see that the draft picks signed.

12. Joebrah says:

It’s getting better. One question though, is this an overall team confidence or confidence this Yankee team can win the world series?

Because, I think Jack-O, from the Bill Simmons podcasts, said it best. As of right now, the Yankees are 2-6 against LAA and 4-8 against Boston. A combined 6-14 against these two teams. There is almost no doubt that the Yankees will meet at least one of these teams during the playoffs.

Overall team confidence, an 8 or 9. Confidence that this team can make it to the World Series and win, probably around a 6.

13. [...] and make sure you vote in this week’s Fan Confidence Poll. It kind of got buried underneath all of our draft coverage this morning, so you might have missed [...]