Record Last Week: 1-1 (8 RS, 12 RA) tied at one with the Rangers in best-of-seven ALCS
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card
Schedule This Week: ALCS Game Three (Mon. vs. Rangers), ALCS Game Four (Tues. vs. Rangers), ALCS Game Five (Weds. vs. Rangers), ALCS Game Six (Fri. @ Rangers, if necessary), ALCS Game Seven (Sat. @ Rangers, if necessary)
Top stories from last week:
- After sweeping the Twins out of the ALDS last week, the Yanks had to wait a few days before their ALCS opponent was set. That question was answered when the Rangers beat the Rays in Game Five on Tuesday, setting up a series between two clubs with strong ties, and I’m not just talking about Cliff Lee. A few hours before the game, Yankee fans said they’d prefer to face the Rangers.
- The Yanks announced there ALCS roster a day or so later, and confirmed that A.J. Burnett will in fact make a start. They played some simulated games during the week to stay fresh.
- The ALCS kicked off with a bang on Friday, as the Yanks mounted a late inning rally to grab victory from the jaws of defeat in Game One. Marcus Thames had the big hit, and we knew he’d be important in the series.
- There would be no comeback in Game Two the next day. The Rangers pounded Phil Hughes and won the game, essentially putting the Yanks in the same spot they’d have been in if they’d won the AL East. Despite the loss, Burnett is still on track to start Game Four.
- The Royals will listen to trade offers for Zack Greinke this winter, so get ready for four months of that.
- Jesus Montero was ranked the fourth best prospect in the Triple-A International League by Baseball America.
- The Yanks are putting an end to homophobic crowd chants.
- Yankee Stadium staple Freddy Schuman, better known as Freddy Sez, passed away.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.