Fan Confidence Poll: October 11th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 3-0 (17 RS, 7 RA) swept Twins in best-of-five ALDS
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card
Schedule This Week: ALCS Game One (Friday @ Rangers or Rays), ALCS Game Two (Saturday @ Rangers or Rays)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees released their ALDS roster on Tuesday, with Sergio Mitre, Dustin Moseley, and Greg Golson making the cut. A.J Burnett did not make the three man starting rotation and was instead made available in relief.
- After traveling to Minnesota, the Yanks opened the ALDS with a win in a back-and-forth affair. They made an adjustment to get to Francisco Liriano, with Curtis Granderson taking advantage after failing earlier in the game.
- Game Two was much less stressful, with Andy Pettitte turning a brilliant performance while Lance Berkman did the damage with the stick for a win and a two games to none series lead. Pettitte benefited from the strike zone, and the Yanks showed that they’re going to ride their decline pickups while they have them.
- Returning home to the Bronx after an off day for Game Three, the Yankees finished off the sweep thanks to a stellar effort from young Phil Hughes. He changed up his game plan and went right after the Twins with fastballs to great success.
- The Yanks now await the winner of Tuesday’s Game Five between the Rangers and Rays. No matter who they face in the ALCS, the Yanks won’t see the other team’s ace until Game Three. Everyone will be off today (and yesterday) before regrouping tomorrow.
- Injury Zone: Mark Teixeira received a cortisone shot in his injured thumb last month. Prospect Slade Heathcott had shoulder surgery and won’t be able to resume training until at least February.
- Alex Rodriguez was named the American League’s Player of the Month for September.
- Baseball America named Andrew Brackman the fifth best prospect in the Double-A Eastern League and Dellin Betances fourth in the High-A Florida State League.
- The Yanks signed outfielder Breland Brown to a minor league deal. Ryan Pope is headed to the Arizona Fall League.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.