2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- Jorge Posada acknowledged that his Yankees career is over, though he is unsure if he still wants to play next season. “I will always be a Yankee,” said Posada. “The Yankees for me is my second family. It would be tough to put on another uniform for real and learn another set of rules and all that stuff, but that’s one of those things. I have to see if I want to keep playing.”
- Brian Cashman told reporters that he’s been in contact with several other teams about pitching help, and also said that other clubs have inquired about the availability of his young catchers. The GM confirmed that Ivan Nova‘s strained flexor is 100% healed.
- The Yankees held a private workout for 26-year-old Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, and they have their eye on two other Cuban players. Cashman has reached out to the agents for Mark Buehrle and Edwin Jackson.
- Jonathan Papelbon fled the Red Sox and the AL East, agreeing to join the Phillies on a four-year contract.
- Jesus Montero still plans to go home to Venezuela this winter despite the Wilson Ramos kidnapping.
- The 2012 Spring Training schedule was released.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.