2013 Season: 85-77 (637 RS, 671 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), didn’t qualify for playoffs
Top stories from last week:
- Masahiro Tanaka is a Yankee. The team signed the right-hander to a seven-year, $155M contract (plus the $20M release fee) two days before his negotiating period expired. The deal includes an opt-out after the fourth year and several other perks. David Huff was designated for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Tanaka and was later traded to the Giants for cash considerations.
- Depending on who you ask, the Yankees either are or are not pursuing Stephen Drew. The team is unlikely to make another significant addition after landing Tanaka, though they have talked to Brett Tomko about a reunion. Grant Balfour and Logan Forsythe both landed with the Rays, so they are no longer potential pickups.
- FOX increased its ownership stake in the YES Network from 49% to 80% as part of the recent deal with News Corp. The two sides agreed to accelerate the timetable after FOX and News Corp. split into two corporations.
- Both Gary Sanchez and Mason Williams ranked among MLB.com’s top 100 prospects.
- Mark Teixeira still feels some stiffness in his surgically repaired wrist.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Update: I forgot to reset the poll following last week, so please re-submit your vote if you voted before 10:30am ET. Thanks.