Earlier on Wednesday, Derek Jeter announced the 2014 season will be his last with the Yankees. He is planning to retire after the coming season and that means fans only have a few short months to say goodbye. With some help from our friends at TiqIQ, here’s how Jeter’s announcement is affecting the prices of New York Yankees tickets:
- The current average ticket price for Jeter’s last game is $1,153.01, which is up 43.49% since 3:17pm EST ($803.54), up 176.08% since 2:46pm EST ($417.64), up 278.20% since 2:08pm EST ($304.87).
- The current get in price is $278 which is up 348.39% since 2:46pm EST ($62) and 969.23% since 2:08 PM ($26).
- In the same time period above the Yankees home average ticket price increased from $206.97 to $224.94.
- The Yankees’ 12-game pack with the home finale sold out shortly after the announcement. They also have a single game presale on 2/18.
- By about 2:55pm most tickets had been bought or pulled down by brokers and have since been relisted at higher prices.
Below is the price movement for the last game of the Yankees regular season in Boston, which might be his final game of his career:
- The current average ticket price is $509.90, which is up 104.25% since the time of announcement ($249.65).
- The current get in price is $265, which is up 159.80% since announcement ($102).
Below is some price data on Mariano Rivera’s final home game last season:
- At its peak average price on 3/9/13 tickets for his final home game were $467.06 and fell to a final average of $237.89 on the day of game (-49.07%).
- At its peak get in price on 3/11/13 ticket for his final home game were $143 and fell to a final get in of $59 (-58.74%).