Record Last Week: 4-2 (22 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 29-18 (254 RS, 196 RA, 29-18 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Blue Jays (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees returned home Monday for a four-game series with the Royals. Home runs led to a 4-2 win Monday, but the bullpen blew a late lead in Tuesday’s 6-2 loss. Luis Severino dominated in Wednesday’s 3-0 win. The series finale was rained out. The two teams will play the makeup game September 25th.
- The Athletics came to town for a three-game weekend series next. The Yankees wasted Masahiro Tanaka‘s gem in Friday’s 4-1 loss, though they rebounded for a 3-2 win Saturday. The bats finally woke up in Sunday’s 9-5 win.
- Injury Updates: Aroldis Chapman (shoulder) has resumed playing catch. Greg Bird (ankle) has headed to Tampa to begin playing minor league rehab games. Jacoby Ellsbury (concussion) was placed on the disabled list.
- Aaron Hicks has been working out at first base. Rob Refsnyder was called up to replace Ellsbury on the roster. The Yankees signed hard throwing righty Kaleb Ort out of an independent league.
- The Yankees opened a new cheering section called “The Judge’s Chambers.”
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.