Record Last Week: 5-2 (32 RS, 31 RA)
Season Record: 66-57 (630 RS, 488 RA, 72-51 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Tigers (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Mariners (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees kicked off the week with a four-game Subway Series sweep. They beat the Mets 4-2 on Monday, 5-4 on Tuesday, 5-3 on Wednesday, and 7-5 on Thursday.
- A trip up to Fenway Park was next. The Yankees blew a late lead in Friday’s 9-6 loss, then rebounded for a 4-3 win Saturday. The Yankees lost 5-1 Sunday in the series finale.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (shoulder) will come off the disabled list to start tomorrow. Clint Frazier (oblique) has not yet been cleared to swing a bat. Garrett Cooper (hamstring) was placed on the 10-day DL with tendinitis. Luis Cessa (rib cage) was placed on the 10-day DL. Kyle Higashioka (shoulder) and Estevan Florial (unknown) were placed on the minor league disabled list. Florial’s injury is reportedly minor.
- The Yankees may or may not have claimed Blue Jays righty Marco Estrada on trade waivers. Either way, the Blue Jays kept Estrada and did not trade him within the 48-hour window.
- Aroldis Chapman is out as closer due to his recent struggles. Jordan Montgomery and Caleb Smith were involved in shuttle moves last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.