Here are the day’s notes:
- RHP Domingo Acevedo (back) was activated off the High-A DL, reports Josh Norris. He only missed two weeks. Acevedo was reportedly on the verge of being promoted to Double-A Trenton before getting hurt, so we’ll see how long it is until he finds himself with the Thunder.
- Make sure you check out this Randy Miller feature on the caring and charitable side of OF Clint Frazier. He obviously a very talented baseball player, but Frazier also seems like a genuinely great person. It’ll be easy to root for him. That’s for sure.
- And finally, congrats to Jorge Posada, who will be inducted into the NY-Penn League Hall of Fame this year, the league announced. Posada hit .235/.388/.359 with four homers in 71 games as a 19-year-old with the 1991 Oneonta Yankees.
Triple-A Scranton Game One (2-1 win over Norfolk in eight innings, walk-off style) makeup of the May 29th rainout
- CF Mason Williams: 2-4, 1 R, 1 K — one of the two hits was an infield single, so the quad must be feeling good
- RF Ben Gamel: 1-3, 1 CS
- 3B Rob Refsnyder: 1-3, 1 BB
- DH Chris Parmelee: 0-2, 2 BB
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-3, 1 K
- C Eddy Rodriguez: 0-0, 1 RBI — walk-off sac fly after replacing Higashioka, who was lifted for a pinch-runner in the bottom of the seventh … the pinch-runner (Cesar Puello) eventually scored the tying run
- LF Jake Cave: 0-3 — in a brutal 5-for-48 (.104) slump
- LHP Dietrich Enns: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 5/4 GB/FB — 53 of 92 pitches were strikes (58%) … 13th time in 22 starts he’s allowed no more than one earned run
- RHP Johnny Barbato: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 2/4 GB/FB — 25 of 34 pitches were strikes (74%)