Two quick notes to pass along:
- RHP Chance Adams is being promoted to Triple-A Scranton, report Josh Norris and Joel Sherman. He’ll make his first start Monday. Dating back to last year, Adams had a 1.72 ERA (3.42 FIP) with 25.2% strikeouts and 9.5% walks in 18 starts and 104.2 innings at Double-A. The RailRiders, by the way, now have seven starters for five rotation spots.
- 1B Tyler Austin is scheduled to begin playing minor league rehab games late next week “if all goes well,” farm system head Gary Denbo told Shane Hennigan. Last week we heard Austin had begun taking batting practice. He’s been out since a foul ball broke his foot very early in Spring Training.
- OF Dustin Fowler made the Prospect Hot Sheet again. He placed 12th this week after ranking first last week. He went 8-for-27 (.296) with one double and three triples last week.
Triple-A Scranton (10-3 loss to Syracuse)
- SS Tyler Wade: 1-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 K
- LF Dustin Fowler: 1-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 K
- RF Clint Frazier: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 K — homered off Nationals righty Joe Ross, who is apparently in Triple-A these days
- 2B Ron Refsnyder: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 K
- CF Mason Williams: 0-4, 1 K
- C Kyle Higashioka: 2-4, 1 2B, 1 K, 1 E (throwing) — 4-for-15 (.267) with two doubles since being sent down
- RHP Luis Cessa: 3 IP, 10 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 5/0 GB/FB — 47 of 77 pitches were strikes (61%) … 18/15 K/BB in 32.1 innings down here, and that ain’t gonna cut it, Luis
- RHP Ernesto Frieri: 1 IP, zeroes, 3 K — eleven of 14 pitches were strikes … 16/6 K/BB in 12 innings … I imagine he has an opt-out clause in his contract … those tend to come at some point in June, and June is only three weeks away now