Record Last Week: 4-2 (27 RS, 15 RA)
Season Record: 82-66 (720 RS, 630 RA, 84-64 pythag. record) 2.5 GB in ALE, 4.0 games up on WC spot
Opponents This Week: @ Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. White Sox (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week with three games in Tampa, their home away from home. Slade Heathcott hit a game-winning home run in Monday’s 4-1 win, but some minor league relievers couldn’t slow down the Rays in Tuesday’s 6-3 loss. New York clinched the series with Wednesday’s 3-1 win.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees started a series with the Mets in Citi Field. The offense didn’t do much in Friday’s 5-1 loss, though Michael Pineda and some relievers led the Yankees to Saturday’s 5-0 win. CC Sabathia led the way in Sunday’s 11-2 win.
- Injury News: Masahiro Tanaka (hamstring) will miss his next start with a Grade I strain. Nathan Eovaldi (elbow) hopes to play catch today. Alex Rodriguez (knee) has a bone bruise but has not missed any time. Luis Severino (calf) had a minor issue that didn’t affect Wednesday’s start.
- Ivan Nova was removed from the rotation and demoted to the bullpen, though he will start in Tanaka’s place Wednesday. A total of 15 teams showed interest in Heathcott after the Yankees non-tendered him last offseason.
- Assistant GM Billy Eppler interviewed for both the Angels and Mariners GM jobs last week. The Yankees are the third most valuable sports franchise in the world at $3.2 billion.
- Mark Teixeira is the team’s 2015 Roberto Clemente Award nominee.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?